1gig pc2100 to 512mb pc3200 (change?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

-=B$=-

In Runtime
hey guyz plz help me out here this is crucial!! i was looking some stuff up about 2.8C pentium 4 800mhz fsb and a lot of people were saying with my pc2100 266mhz memory i wont be able to run the processor at its full power and it wont be a very big change. so is it worth it to go from 1gig pc2100 to 512mb pc3200????? will upgrading that help my performance of my games and stuf???? plz help me out!

Well, do u run many programmes at once and/or use programmes and eat up lots of memory? Go to the windows task manager and look at the performance tab, look under physical memory. You should do this when running a normal number of applications for yourself. Check out the total and available memory, and do a bit of maths to see if you could afford to loose the 512MB. 512MB of RAM should be ok unless you push your computer hard. To be honest IÂ’m not sure about not being able to run your P4 at full power with your current RAM, but I think that the faster memory will have a performance benefit.

YEAH

I probably would! Since seeing it this way.... You can always get more 512 if you need it! And 3200 is MUCH more faster than 2100! I don't know if it will be equal or slower than the 2100 (probably faster since the mhz will be higher) but if not- you can always get more, and THEN IT REALLY WILL BE!!

-Eric

Ps- How much would you want for some of your old RAM?

Well you should always use RAM that works with yourv processor. Since the bus speed is 800MHz, its only natural that DDR3200 would be the best fit. Youre crazy to think DDR2100 would be adequite in your system! Toss those old chips and only run with 3200! (ps, dont combine, as the 3200 chip will clock itself to pc2100 speeds)

I DID IT- with a bit more. i bought 2 sticks of 512mb pc3200 and seems to be HAULING!!!!!!!! thanx for all your help guyz. ill be looking for that 2.8C next

But i dont think u can c the difference with your eyes between PC2100 n PC3200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom