12 Days Remain

Status
Not open for further replies.
I got a BB-HL2 demo to run on a Rage-Fury-Pro 32mb graphics card, on a PIII 400MHz laptop, at the lowest settings, with minimal lag. How's that for assurances? :freak:

ShoobieRat said:
If you can run DOOM3 at moderate to high settings, you'll be fine.

ShoobieRat, how does Doom 3 run on your rig? Importantly, what settings do you play on? Seeing as we have *kinda* similar systems, I'm just curious...

As for HL2, I'd pre-order it from amazon.co.uk but as I want to get the silver edition, they don't state whether it's the bronze, silver or gold package :confused:

Well I was thinking of dowloading it via steam.. I dunno though, I like a new game to have the packaging, you know?

I'd suggest you buy the box. If not for anything else, just so we don't have to hear you screaming because your system got blitzed and you have to download HL2 again because you have no disk. :)

Anyway, I run DOOM3 on the highest settings.

Man I keep debating whether I should go the cheaper route and get the 6800 GT or the expensive one and get the x800 xt for HL2. I can't really afford the xt though, but I guess I can squeeze through. I know I can OC the gt but I don't know which company is going to be better in the benchmarks, ATI or Nvidia. Arghhh I don't really want to wait for release to find out either. Any suggestions?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom