10 year old laptop w/ 4mb video, what are some of the best games I can play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mr_wizard

In Runtime
I just installed Fallout 2, and it freakin rocks. It plays pretty well too. I'm running at 300mhz, 256mb RAM, 4mb video.. so I can't play much more. I was thinking maybe Baldurs Gate 2, but I may have problems running that seeing as minimum requirements are 4MB Video and recommended is 8MB. Any other games you guys can think of that would be good to play on this laptop? Seeing as the graphics would obviously be horrible, the gameplay would definitely have make up for it. So far, Fallout is doing a great job at that!

I would suggest:

planescape torment
icewind dale 1+2
baldur's gate series
Grim fandango
syndicate wars
Command and conquer, C&C red alert and C&C tiberium sun
starcraft
Civilization II maybe III as well
duke nukem 3D
Deus ex (might just work)

There are a few games for you I would recommend. Syndicate was amazing and syndicate wars blew my mind with being able to destroy large skyscrapers :D. Enjoy!

I would suggest:

planescape torment
icewind dale 1+2
baldur's gate series
Grim fandango
syndicate wars
Command and conquer, C&C red alert and C&C tiberium sun
starcraft
Civilization II maybe III as well
duke nukem 3D
Deus ex (might just work)

There are a few games for you I would recommend. Syndicate was amazing and syndicate wars blew my mind with being able to destroy large skyscrapers :D. Enjoy!

The above list is a great list......I would also include the original Fallout
Fallout is one awsome game, one of my favorites for sure.....heck, you can probly get about 150 hours gameplay from Fallout 2 EASY :D

If you like Civ games Alpha Centauri was really good. Also recommend Hearts of Iron, it's a WWII strategy/political simulator.

Monkey Island 4 (the whole series, really). It ran on a similarly specced desktop also with 4mb video when I first played it.

The Longest Journey will run,too. One of the best Adventure games ever made, period.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom