10 Best selling PC games of all-time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Gabb, I will comment on the Sims. For me it is pure garbage, but I respect those to chose to play it, freedom of choice is paramount. SIMs lovers, please do not flame me now, I have nothing against you, I am just expressing my opinion on the game itself. On the other hand, anything that attracts more gamers to our platform of choice (the PC) is welcome by me, be they casual gamers, be they your hardcore garden variety Fatal1ty wannabes. :)

As an ex-hardcore WoW player, all I can say is that Blizzard got it right catering for different demographics (no matter how much BG and Arena whining there is, there is still a mass of players committed to it), but the 11.5m mark is overinflated with trial accounts and whatnot. Anyhow, there is no saying that it isn't the most succesful (and probably most lucrative) game around. Whatever we may all feel towards Blizzard, hats off to them for never ever ever releasing a game they weren't happy with at release date (*cough*Age of Conan, Hellgate London, etc*cough*).

On the other hand, I somehow feel that the Orange Box / TF2 is strangely missing from that list.

Riddle me this batman,
In order to play WOW:WotLK, you need to have both the WOW and WOW:TBC. So how come there is more sales of WOW:WotLK than there are WOW:TBC?

I was wondering the exact same thing.
Facepalm.

And CSS ? where the heck is CSS. I know a load more people that play CSS than CS. They all bought it off steam too, i am the only person to buy CSS retail copy out of the people i know. Although i did buy TF2, L4D, CoDWaw, CoD4, CoD2 and more from Steam. I hope valve love me. I wonder what kind of commision they take for every sale made through steam ?

Off topic, but lately steam has been down for maintainance like every day, sometimes like 4 times in several hours. It was never like this 6months ago. I think they're running out of servers and need more money to keep it going, i bet it costs a heck of a lot to keep something like steam running 24/7 with 15million users.

I play sims 2 still, looking forward to sims 3 in June.. and no I am not pre-ordering for the 2GB flash unit - if it was a 16GB then yes... wait.. maybe I can open it up and make it a 16GB.....

oh and blah whatever on the list, if it were "Top 10 PC games of all Time" then maybe, but Fallout 2 better be on there, the greatest game - Ever. Period. Sales may not reflect it, but I am sure it is up there with WOW on sales - just older and harder to track. (You find sale data on a 10+ year old game)

I had all the expansion packs for the origional sims.

The thing about the sims was the amount of user created objects and skins. I did not actaully "play" the game, but I loved to download stuff and build the homes with my steezy user created content. The amount of skins available to download was huge too. I had aliens, punks, hippies, bears, and Glen Danzing. I had so much **** for that game, like over 4 gigs of extra crap. I even had a bong in my game that smoked.

I built a lot of crazy houses, every thing from crack houses, to swingers clubs, to puppymills, to factories, estates, ect. I never found any crack pipes for the crack house, but I did have lots of crap for it, like dirty mattresses and extremely distressed furnature. I also downloaded trash for my crack house. 7deadlysims.com was the best site for objects, got my crack house stuff there.

I never got into the second one, it did not have all those objects to download.

I tried Sims, it was just a terrible experience for me. Haha, i guess im not a Sims type of guy ;P. I would always make a huge house but now do anything with the actual people. I also always kept wishing it had an online multiplayer mode so i could play with my friends, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom