10 Best selling PC games of all-time

Status
Not open for further replies.

tastegw

Inspired by Art
1-The Sims (16 million shipped)
2-The Sims 2 (13 million)
°°The Sims 2: Pets [expansion pack] (5.6 million)
°°°The Sims 2: Seasons [expansion pack] (1 million)
3-World of Warcraft (11.5 million subscribers)
°°World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade [expansion pack] (3.5 million)
°°°World of Warcraft: Wrath of the Lich King [expansion pack] (4 million)
4-StarCraft (11 million)
5-Half-Life (9.3 million, may include PS2 version)
°°Half-Life: Opposing Force [expansion pack] (1.1 million)
6-Half-Life 2 (6.5 million, may include Xbox version but does not include Steam sales)
7-Myst (6 million)
8-Guild Wars (5 million in North America, Europe, and Asia; includes Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North)
9-Counter-Strike (4.2 million)
10-Cossacks: European Wars (4 million)

diablo ii is actually tied with cossacks for 10th, but officially cossacks gets the edge.
is your game listed there!

Why is it that we have a flood of WoW player no matter where you go, and yet not that may sim players.

and subscribers and games shipped wont be the same thing.
correct me if im wrong but 11.5 million is the current number of live accounts, that wont account for all past players that have since quit

KC said:
Why is it that we have a flood of WoW player no matter where you go, and yet not that may sim players.
Simple. No one is willing to admit they actually play The Sims. ;)

I played both Sims 1 and 2. Great games.

I think it's combination of what Trotter said and that Sims really isn't online based so you can't really talk much about it. If you go to TSR though, some pretty crazy fanatics there.

i played both sims, never online though.

you can get bored of it really quick.

I played both Sims 1 and 2. Great games.

I think it's combination of what Trotter said and that Sims really isn't online based so you can't really talk much about it. If you go to TSR though, some pretty crazy fanatics there.

lol me too. My GF and I went on a Sims 2 craze at one point. Buying all kinds of expansion packs. I'm great at building the houses and the yards. She's great at decorating everything. We could care less about the actual sims themselves.

I don't know why Sims 3 isn't going to evolve into multiplayer. It seems logical in todays "social networking" frenzy. I mean "Second Life" is very popular... Sims 3 would be one heck of a step up from that. Imagine begin able to invite your Sims 3 friends over your crib for a pool party / swinger party... lol

Anyway.. my girlfriend has Sims 3 release marked on the calendar.

I'm not going to comment on wether or not I think the sims is a good game or not ( its an interesting one none the less ) because what I think doesn't really matter, but I will say theres quite a lot of irony in sitting down and playing the sims and watching your sim sit down and play computer games :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom