Is sharing your Netflix password like stealing cable? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Multimedia
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 07-13-2011, 09:44 AM   #21 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Is sharing your Netflix password like stealing cable?

The studios would if they could, there ARE laws that actually place taxes on home theaters...

But with the recent increase of cost for netflix subscribers, I don't see many people obeying this law, it costs almost as much as cheap cable to have it now....

Old 07-13-2011, 11:54 PM   #22 (permalink)
Master Techie

It cost more than cheap cable here! Cheap cable is $10 a month. For 1 dvd and streaming (as of September 1st) it will be $16.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:50 AM   #23 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Well, I know the reason netflix flourished was originally due to the low cost of having several DVD's out at one time. I remember a package where they would send out upto 7 discs, and send the next ones out when those returned. Then they moved to streaming, and grew HUGE. The issue, a LOT of SEASONS are not available on stream... You have to go by disc... Streaming has only one dvd at a time allowed... Imagine trying to watch a whole season, one disc every other week.... Would take a whole year to watch a series, if you are lucky.
Old 07-14-2011, 02:57 PM   #24 (permalink)
Master Techie

At one disc I can watch 3 discs a week. Yeah watching entire series would be hard but all the series I want to watch are all on instant stream. Heroes, Numb3rs, Weeds, Greek, Doctor Who, etc. Although Spartacus will be taken off tomorrow didn't have a chance to watch it.
Old 09-26-2011, 04:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I think Netflix will suffer now that they don't let you get DVDs sent to your house. But to answer the original question yeah I think it is. But I think that you can share it with the people that live in your house. I mean if one TV is hooked up and that is the only thing its used on I think its fine.
Old 10-10-2011, 12:05 PM   #26 (permalink)
Newb Techie

AFAIK Netflix does not let multiple users watch video simultaneously. That is where I think they would be annoyed.

Closed Thread