Wii Games Won't Look Any Nicer on Wii U - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Wii Games Won't Look Any Nicer on Wii U

Wii games will be playable on Wii U, unlike GameCube games. They won't look any better than you remember, however, as Nintendo has announced that Wii U will not upscale Wii titles.

Nintendo of America Reggie Fils-Aime revealed the news in an interview with GameTrailers this week. "It will not do that," he said when asked about the possibility. "That's really driven by the hardware, and the original Wii games were built for a specific type of hardware. There's no mechanism to quote-unquote 'up-res' that unless we launch a brand-new game." Giant Bomb also confirmed that this is the case with Nintendo PR director Mark Franklin.

It's disappointing news, especially in light of what we've seen from a PC emulator that played Wii games like Super Mario Galaxy (the upscaled version of which is pictured above), Zelda: Twilight Princess, and Metroid Prime 3 in 720p.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 06-09-2011, 03:52 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru
Default Re: Wii Games Won't Look Any Nicer on Wii U

This is really understandable. The whole emulator thing really isn't much of a stance for argument considering you could say the same about the PS3 and PS1 games. This isn't some DVD player that can upscale to 1080p just by a codec. I'm sure that the picture won't be 480 or SD coming out but nobody should expect "upgraded" graphics just from a console change on old games.
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
Closed Thread