Steelers will win Super Bowl XLV, predicts Madden 11 - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2011, 10:13 PM   #11 (permalink)
Techie Beyond Description

Send a message via MSN to MindoverMaster
Default Re: Steelers will win Super Bowl XLV, predicts Madden 11

WRONG!

Packers: 31
Steelers: 25

Old 02-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
rustle rustle

Thankfully all these comparisons of Big Ben too Manning or Brady will end. Big Ben is good, but not as good as those two.

Old 02-07-2011, 11:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Typical comments from the NE fans ( northeast = Maine and NH ) regarding the illegal taping by NE. At least I admitted I was bias. So , I guess the league was just "picking on NE" when they fined just them, no one else. Belichek is a smart guy - if the taping he did was not useful or give him an advantage by at least 3 points - then he would not have done it. I wonder what the average amount of points NE won by in that period. I don't see Manning or Brady playing with a foot basically in a cast- but ya, Ben certainly was no Brady or Manning last night. Well- no one can win on 3 turnovers - that is a "no brainer". The better team won last night, they got the bounces, the Steelers made the mistakes ( so much for experience) and Green Bay made the big plays. I am glad the Steelers made a comeback in the second half so they game was fun to watch to the end anyhow= Good for football and the NFL. It will be interesting to see what happens in March with the players union and the owners...do I smell a "lock out"...Maybe there will be "replacements".
Old 02-07-2011, 05:04 PM   #14 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

first off it's not the North East Patriots... and the league did the right thing by fining them, it would have been a huge undermining of the leagues credibility if they knew about it and didn't do anything, but the fact of the matter is there are many people inside and out of new england who have stated that videotaping practices don't change the outcome of the game. and your statement about video taping was already addressed by 35g earlier... video taping practices doesn't do much, you're not going to change your defense from a 3-4 to a 4-3 and surprise the other team with that. sure you might know about other plays that they made up for that game in particular, but you don't know when they're going to call them and most of their plays you'll know about anyway from watching tape. yeah spygate happened, but tons of other teams have done it, tons of other teams have done it and nobody knows about it, and the fact that the pats got caught shouldn't undermine the fact that they won 3/4 superbowls, brady set the all time single season td record, won MVP and offensive player of the year multiple times and belicheck won coach of the year in that period.

brady won AP offensive player of the year, AND mvp with a stress fracture in his foot, so big ben playing with a cast isn't anything to shout about.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Ya, that fine really helped the credibility of the league- slap on the hand at most. If you know the defensive blitz packages - do you think that might help your hot read, etc. I am not saying that Brady is not a great quarterback - I am just saying that taping your opponents last practice before a game helps much more than you think- or they would not have chanced it. If many other teams were doing it- then they would have been caught. Just because you say many other teams were doing it - doesn't make it true. If it is true - then shame on all of them and it goes to show how bad the poor sportsmanship is in this society.

I know New England ( NE) does not stand for North East - wow- just having fun with the fact that you are in the North East and obviously a Patriot's fan.

OK - looked up your Superbowl wins- didn't I say something about 3 points- hmmm... 2002 Superbowl- won by 3 points, 2004 Superbowl- you won again by 3, and 2005 holy cow -yep 3 points. And since you got caught - NO Superbowl appearances.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!

do you think they make new blitz packages for every game? no they mostly run the same blitzes from one game to the next so by watching film that's shown on national tv you can get a pretty good idea of what's going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35g700 View Post
Many former players and coaches along with current players and coaches stated that what the Patriots did didn't give them an advantage. Heck, even Jimmy Johnson (two time SB winning coach with the Cowboys) admitted to doing what the Patriots did and he also said that it didn't give his team an advantage.
I would say that Jimmy Johnson's opinion on a matter of football is a little more grounded than yours.
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Old 02-07-2011, 07:56 PM   #17 (permalink)
rustle rustle

The Patriots went to the Superbowl following the '07 season, they would have won if it weren't from an amazing catch by David Tyree (not that that is an excuse for losing). That said the following two seasons were hampered down due to Tom Brady's injury and this last season was a rebuilding year for the Patriots.

This past season the Broncos got caught doing the same thing against the 49ers. The Broncos ended up losing that game which is even more evidence that helps prove that the taping the Patriots did didn't give them an advantage.

Here is a good article that talks about spygate: New England Patriots' Continued Success Makes Spygate a Moot Point | Bleacher Report
Old 02-08-2011, 12:03 AM   #18 (permalink)
True Techie

hahah carl gerbschmidt is for sure happy
NZXT Kraken x61
840 Samsung x2
MSI GTX970
24'' Dell G2410
Windows 10
Old 02-09-2011, 06:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Ok, read the article you linked. In the first 2 paragraphs of the article he pretty much states what I said about taping the other team to identify the signals on calling various defenses so then the patriots could either audible or just call a play to take advantage of knowing the defense configuration that the other team is calling for that play. Anybody with even a High school statistics class understands that stats are just stats - too much individual/unique game play to draw the conclusion that this 19 year old Bostonian author manages. Yes, another "objective" N.E. person ( northeastern)= Patriot fan. I mean really- just because the stats don't show more points scored on the years they cheated does not mean this is not advantageous to the Patriots offense - maybe you could conclude that their offense really was terrible in those cheating years and without that advantage they wouldn't even have made the playoffs. I never heard of the Bleecher report" - but I am no Football statistics guru or super reader either - so that may not mean anything. My point, which I still hold to, is that your (35G700) not any more objective about the Patriots than I am objective about the Steelers. After all, that is part of what makes "a fan"- "a fan". And that , my friend , is why it is sooo fun.

P. S. ya, hmmm. So a coach ( Jimmy Johnson) admits he did the same thing as the Pats regarding taping the other team before a game. So, what is he supposed to say. "Yes, it really helped and I am glad I cheated". OR, more likely, will he minimize the advantage he gained to make the cheating into a "no big deal". Really guys - think about it.

Closed Thread