Sony Loses Yet More Customer Records, 3 More Sites Hacked - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 06-02-2011, 09:45 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: Sony Loses Yet More Customer Records, 3 More Sites Hacked

Yes that is the reasoning for GeoHotz, but the technicallity that won it for the prosecution was signing into PSN...Posting on his blog was his own fault and what drew attention to him..but I guess in the end you have to get the word out?

Hackers aren't different...in the end it is all about obtaining info/tech/IP that isn't yours all to prove that you can or to prove a point... If Anon had attacked Sony and not the consumer, I might be sympathetic..

Old 06-03-2011, 04:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Sony Loses Yet More Customer Records, 3 More Sites Hacked

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyMercy View Post
I suppose it is also cool that hackers are jacking into the DoD's developers systems as well. Would China do justice with some of our tech? I don't think so.
That is a very different situation, that is mostly state sponsored and has been going on for thousands of years computers have just added another vector to espionage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodyMercy View Post
Hackers aren't different...in the end it is all about obtaining info/tech/IP that isn't yours all to prove that you can or to prove a point... If Anon had attacked Sony and not the consumer, I might be sympathetic..
Why what a very media driven view of hackers you have, you do realize that the "evil hackers" are some of the most intelligent and sort after people on the planet? Ever hear of people like Steve Wazniac the co founder of apple? Adrian Lamo one of the best security researchers around? Bill Gates founder of microsoft? Jonny Long penetration tester who run's Hackers for Charity that teach people in Africa how to use computers to get a better life and is a consultant to the pentagon and various other US institutions on security matters?

The people you really should be directing your anger towards are, Cyber Criminals and Digital Vigilantes.
Cyber Criminals wasn't your money and your computer compromised.
Digital Vigilantes they just DDoS the **** out of any one person or corporation that they feel has damaged there cause or offended them in some way, and to be honest I can see both sides of the coin on that one.

Want to do even more? Take a look here and join the fight on human trafficking.

Hear and you forget, see and you remember, do and you understand.

Closed Thread