*Rumor* Next Xbox to be Unveiled and Launched in 2013 - Report - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 10:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Default Re: *Rumor* Next Xbox to be Unveiled and Launched in 2013 - Report

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Actually in normal console life cycle 2010 would have been the date for a new 360, but with the release of so many "hit" titles and the Kinect it has obviously been a cash cow. In another thread I was saying 2014 or 2015 and it appears I was right if any of this is true. Of course, take every rumor with a grain of salt.....or a bucket.
I'm referring to how things currently look in the market. I'll stick with my 2013 prediction; but as you say, a rumor is just that.

Old 10-22-2011, 08:39 AM   #12 (permalink)
-Deactivated-

Send a message via MSN to Oreo

I think we will see a console in 13/14.
But i don't think we should. Late '14 early '15 would be better.

The average consumer is going to want a huge jump between each generation to consider it a worthwhile upgrade.

Old 10-22-2011, 05:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanmx View Post
The average consumer is going to want a huge jump between each generation to consider it a worthwhile upgrade.
I agree with this. With games already being in HD and playing as well as they do, I don't think the average gaming consumers are really itching to get the "next big thing" yet. In all reality, your average gamer probably isn't feeling like there is a huge void to be fulfilled right now. There are tons of great games on the horizon. I just got done playing Arkham City and was blown away by the graphics! Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind playing a sports game and seeing people in the crowd that look entirely different from one another...certainly not enough to warrant buying a new system, though.
Old 10-22-2011, 07:06 PM   #14 (permalink)
Just Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmanmx View Post
I think we will see a console in 13/14.
But i don't think we should. Late '14 early '15 would be better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERTZtilitHURTZ View Post
I agree with this. With games already being in HD and playing as well as they do, I don't think the average gaming consumers are really itching to get the "next big thing" yet. In all reality, your average gamer probably isn't feeling like there is a huge void to be fulfilled right now. There are tons of great games on the horizon. I just got done playing Arkham City and was blown away by the graphics! Nonetheless, I wouldn't mind playing a sports game and seeing people in the crowd that look entirely different from one another...certainly not enough to warrant buying a new system, though.
Im looking forward to Skyrim, the graphics look great as does the new engine. I think there is still enough potential on the 360 and PS3 at the moment.
Old 10-23-2011, 02:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischa View Post
Im looking forward to Skyrim, the graphics look great as does the new engine. I think there is still enough potential on the 360 and PS3 at the moment.
I know! That and Uncharted are probably going to be my "must play" titles over the winter. There is definitely more than enough potential.
Old 10-25-2011, 04:47 PM   #16 (permalink)
-Deactivated-

Send a message via MSN to Oreo

There really is no point in new consoles until they are powerful enough to offer the next revolutionary leap.

Real time Ray Tracing, real time fluid simulation or something like that. Neither of which they will be able to do for quite some time.
Old 10-25-2011, 05:02 PM   #17 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mischa View Post
It's thinking like this that has held back PC gaming for quite some time.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:38 PM   #18 (permalink)
Just Epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WERTZtilitHURTZ View Post
I'm referring to how things currently look in the market. I'll stick with my 2013 prediction; but as you say, a rumor is just that.
You could be right, take a look at this link from the gadget show
5FWD - Microsoft planning two versions of next Xbox for 2013 launch? by The Gadget Showalso i think the new dashboard may launch tomorrow , take a look at this
5FWD - New-look Xbox 360 dashboard goes live tomorrow by The Gadget Show
Old 12-05-2011, 07:29 PM   #19 (permalink)
Lady Techie

Quote:
It sucks no major console is being released during this holiday season. I gotta figure out what to give my kid.
Won't it be like, three years til he can actually make use of one anyway :P Unless you have one already that I'm not aware of.

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Old 12-06-2011, 03:38 PM   #20 (permalink)
Just Epic.

Quote:
It's thinking like this that has held back PC gaming for quite some time.
Im in no way any authority on pc gaming but i think that consoles dont need to come out every year or two and their life spans should be stretched until the potential in them is gone, whereas on pc its different as you can upgrade parts etc. which you cant do to an Xbox.

What im trying to say is that my post was based on consoles only amd PC gaming should have a completely different attitude towards upgrades than consoles. If Microsoft bought out a new console every year or two it will cost a fortune when you take into consideration games may lose compatibility with new versions of consoles and servers for earlier version console games may be cancelled making the online games useless. Whereas PC games are all PC (windows) there arent different versions like PS1, PS2, PS3, XBOX, XBOX 360 et. ect.

This is my view on it anyways, not saying its right or anything.

Closed Thread