Halo: Combat Evolved remake expected November 15 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Closed Thread
Old 02-05-2011, 03:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Junior Techie
Default Halo: Combat Evolved remake expected November 15

Back to Games

* Print

Halo: Combat Evolved remake expected November 15
Feb. 4, 2011 (10:55 am) By: Matthew Humphries

For a lot of console gamers today the love affair with Halo started on the original Xbox with Halo: Combat Evolved. And a major reason for buying the 360 was gaining the ability to paly another Halo game only this time in HD.

Well, if you miss the original, or still have an Xbox hooked up just to play it, November canít come soon enough for you. Joystiq has learned that not only is the game being remade for the 360, it will be released on November 15 in time for the tenth anniversary of the original release date.

Unlike the HD packs PS3 owners have been enjoying recently, this Halo remake has gone back to the drawing board. Visuals will be 1080p, supported by brand new art assets, and 3D will be an option if you have a supporting TV. The game will be the same, but it will look new for 2011, not like a 2001 update. Multiplayer is also thought to be getting an update to replace the originalís two-player split-screen with Xbox Live online matches.

Development is being handled by Saber Interactive who most recently released TimeShift.

Got tech news you'd like to see featured on Tech-Forums? Send me a PM!
- Shae Blackburm - Abstract Hero -
Old 02-05-2011, 04:41 AM   #2 (permalink)
The Grinch
Default Re: Halo: Combat Evolved remake expected November 15

I think a tear has come to my eye, I can't wait, hopefully, it's a great bump in graphics, as at the ending of reach, where they showed the intro for the first Halo, it looked really bad ***.

Old 02-05-2011, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
TF's First Dry Ice User!
Default Re: Halo: Combat Evolved remake expected November 15

if they make a pretty much perfect port, keep the weapons, damage system etc the same, i'll be so incredibly happy that i may have to buy a 360 just for it. as long as the sniper makes that hanus sound when you're getting headshotted by it, and the pistol 3sk's i'll be happy.

also if a pc version comes out
A notice to EVERYONE who has posted here with a computer problem, I highly encourage you to keep current with the forums, even if it's browsing for 10-15 minutes during lunch, or before you go to bed at night. There are many things that you can learn and apply to future issues. My goal is to help people get to a point where they can use their own knowledge to help themselves, and others.

Also please use the search button. You've got a 50/50 chance that someone's asked your question and we've answered it.
Closed Thread