GameStop named one of 'America's worst companies to work for' - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2012, 10:34 AM   #11 (permalink)
Evil Made Flesh

Default Re: GameStop named one of 'America's worst companies to work for'

I worked in retail at a Khols ofr a while when I was young and it sucked big time and I was working 3rd shift couldnt imagine have to deal with the public

slaychandim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I agree with this because i used to work for gamecrazy (when they were around haha) and they were amazing to work for... when they went under i went to go get a job with gamestop and i got it... i worked there for the WoW release of Lich King and i must say they are the worst company to work for hands down.

And one night before the end of my shift one of the employees said hey you need to complete this list of cleaning then they are going to fire you.

i said uh so you want me to do 4 pages of cleaning by my self then your going to fire me.... haha i quit and walked out... place was such a ****ty place to work for...

Zealous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 01:55 PM   #13 (permalink)
Build Guru

Like all companies, it depends on the location. When I worked at the gas station my store sucked horribly and I hated it. My mom on the other hand worked 10 miles away, had a different DM, way nice store manager, helpful mature non lazy co-workers. She loved her work until her manager got switched.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 05:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Only been in there a few times, and they gave me horrible prices for trading in my games. I plan not to apply there anyways.
Garzhod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 11:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garzhod View Post
Only been in there a few times, and they gave me horrible prices for trading in my games. I plan not to apply there anyways.
You are going to get that with anywhere. It's the only way places like that make money. Give you 10 bucks, resell for 17.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 08:14 PM   #16 (permalink)
Junior Techie

Definitely something that is going to vary from store to store. I don't go to our local Game Stop that often, but the level of service I get there always makes it a treat. I'm always greeted in a friendly manner, asked if there's anything particular I'm looking for, the usual courtesy you know. But, beyond that they always treat me as if I'm the guy they go home and game with every night.

However, I remember going to another location and deciding on a copy of The World is Not Enough for the PS1. So I take the case up to the coVunter, and when the clerk turns around with slyest grin ever on his face. I mean it was obvious he was up to mischief. So when I get outside I check the case, and rather than the 007 game I asked for, it's some Wildest Police Chases or something like that. Coincidence? I think not. So yes, definitely varies from location to location.
SirMarcavisSinclair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 11:19 AM   #17 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I know a guy that sacrificed his entire social life to work for them, nothing ever got done without his spearheading it... He got fired after YEAAAARS of working there for being $11 over on his cash register with no previous incidences.
And their customer service is pretty crappy...

capitalfear is offline   Reply With Quote