Driver: San Francisco cruising Aug. 30 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2011, 08:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default Driver: San Francisco cruising Aug. 30

Ubisoft announced substantial changes to its in-development portfolio late last year, canceling an undisclosed number of projects and delaying a handful of games. One of those delays was Driver: San Francisco, but it appears as if that sputtering mis-start will be an isolated incident.

Today, Ubisoft announced that Driver: San Francisco will now arrive on August 30. In development at Ubisoft Reflections, the game will be the first under Ubisoft's auspices since the publisher acquired the franchise from Atari in 2006. The game is in development for the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Mac. A Wii edition had previously been announced, but it appears to have been canceled to coincide with layoffs at Reflections last year.

Driver: San Francisco will be a throwback to previous installments in the franchise, featuring a matchup between original protagonist John Tanner and Driver 2 antagonist Charles Jericho. Plot-wise, Tanner, a hard-boiled detective behind the wheel of a 1970s-era Shelby GT500, is on the hunt for Jericho, and the two engage in vehicular duels on the streets of the titular hilly California city.

The game will include more than 100 licensed vehicles, all of which are subject to damage. The game will also feature a supernatural element because Tanner is apparently pursuing his mark from the confines of a coma. Tanner's situation impacts gameplay, as players will be able to pause time to hop to a new vehicle on the fly, as well as get a bird's-eye view of the city to jump to various locations.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread