Blizzard: No mods for Diablo III - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 08-03-2011, 05:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Default Re: Blizzard: No mods for Diablo III

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
I don't know of many RTS games that would really need graphical enhancement mods.
Why not? Can't any game look better with mods? I mean, starcraft is worse looking than games that came out two years before it (DoW II). It could use some better eye candy.

Mobo: ASUS P6T
PSU: 750W PC Power & Cooling
Old 08-04-2011, 07:09 PM   #22 (permalink)
Build Guru

Nah it's fine the way it is. I'd rather have AI enhancements, maps, more units ect than making an RTS look better.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 08-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #23 (permalink)
I don't overclock

FYI
you need to update your beta profile to be considered for beta

Quote:
The beta test approaches! Weíve just updated our System Check program and would like everyone to update their Battle.net Beta Profile information by running the new one. You should do this regardless of whether there have been hardware changes made to your system.

You can run the new System Check by visiting the Beta Profile settings of your Battle.net account:

https://<wbr>www.battle.net/accoun<wbr>t/management/beta-pro<wbr>file.html

I donít have a Beta Profile
If you havenít yet created a Beta Profile on your Battle.net account youíll be presented with two download options, PC and Mac, for our System Check program. Running the program will present you with the Beta Test Opt-In Agreement, and once you agree to that it will immediately query basic computer specification information such as your type of video card, processor, and RAM. Clicking the Send button will then upload the shown information to your account.

On your Beta Profile page, youíll want to ensure you at least have ďDiablo UniverseĒ checked for future testing, if not StarCraft and Warcraft as well. Thatís it! Youíre now eligible for future beta test opportunities.

I have a Beta Profile
If youíve previously uploaded your system info you should use the links to download the new System Check program for PC or Mac and update your system info. Run the program, read through the Beta Test Opt-In Agreement that appears, and once you agree to that the program will immediately query your basic computer specification information. Click Send and the program will automatically update your profile with your system specifications. Youíll remain opted in for whichever beta tests youíve previously selected, and you can change these selections on your Beta Profile page at any time.

Having current system specifications and checking the franchise boxes to express interest in beta testing our future products does not guarantee your entry into the beta test. We will grant a very limited number of people entry from the entire pool of those interested, based on their system specifications and other factors. While having an official Battle.net Beta Profile is one way to potentially get in, weíll have information on other ways to increase your chances as we draw closer to the beta test.
Battle.net - English Forums -> Diablo III Beta Profile Update
Old 08-05-2011, 01:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Nah it's fine the way it is. I'd rather have AI enhancements, maps, more units ect than making an RTS look better.
Why not have both? For some reason everyone thinks you either get good graphics or good gameplay and they say they want the gameplay? Why not both? The part of the team creating the gameplay is entirely separate from those creating graphics in a game.
Old 08-05-2011, 04:46 PM   #25 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Well, with sc2, you can use your own "mods" via the map editor, someone even made an FPS to make up for the loss of Starcraft Ghost, but blizzard deleted the map, and last I heard, there are some legal issues going on, as apparently they can delete the map from your computer if they wish. I honestly hate Blizzard/Activision now, they have made nothing but crap.
Old 08-06-2011, 10:48 AM   #26 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Idk man. Starcraft 2 is the highest rated rts on the market. I wish they would make an Age 4 or AOM2, and I'm also holding out for a Battle For Middle Earth III to come out sometime during these hobbit films. Until one of those come out, Starcraft 2 is the best that can be offered.
Old 08-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #27 (permalink)
Lady Techie

Well since Ensemble Studios closed down like four years ago, it's unlikely there'll ever be an Age 4 or AoM2.

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Old 08-06-2011, 10:38 PM   #28 (permalink)
Wizard Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
Well since Ensemble Studios closed down like four years ago, it's unlikely there'll ever be an Age 4 or AoM2.
Yeah, we can always hope though. The art on the collectors edition of III suggested there would be 5. Hopefully M$ has a change of heart.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:31 PM   #29 (permalink)
Master Techie

Its also possible another studio picks up the franchise. Similar to what Valve did with DoTA.
Old 08-07-2011, 10:56 PM   #30 (permalink)
Lady Techie

I do hope that happens, the Age of series are some of my favourite games. Used to play them all the time as a kid.

LinkedIn Kiera Mitchell
Closed Thread