BioShock Vita is an All-New, "Core" Game - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Closed Thread
Old 06-09-2011, 10:15 AM   #1 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus
Default BioShock Vita is an All-New, "Core" Game

Ken Levine came to the stage at Sony's E3 media briefing on Monday to recall how Sony won him over with PlayStation Move after his initial disinterest. He announced that BioShock Infinite (featured in the trailer above) will support the PS3's motion control system, offering up no details on how it would work. He also revealed that Irrational Games is working on a BioShock game for Vita. The announcement was incredibly brief, so he has since clarified that the Vita game is not a port of an existing title in the series.
"It's a different project. It's its own thing being built from the ground up," Levine explained to IGN. "That is going to be strange and surprising to people. I think we always want to surprise people. If I'm just saying 'here's BioShock 1 on Vita,' that's something we could potentially do, but you don't need us to do that. Somebody can make that happen."

He also described the project as being a "core game," which perhaps means it won't be a spin-off. You can interpret that in a number of ways so we'll have to wait for more official details before getting an idea of what to really expect.

I do not accept support questions via EMail, PM, IM or my G+ page!

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Closed Thread