Best Buy building out game departments with new sales desks and trained employees - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Gaming
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 11:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
Call me Mak or K
Mod Emeritus

Default Best Buy building out game departments with new sales desks and trained employees

According a recent presentation by the company, Best Buy plans to add employees and facilities to its retail stores to encourage game sales sometime this fiscal year. The big box store currently sits behind other retailers like GameStop and Walmart in gaming revenue, but hopes to turn that situation around by setting up game-focused employees and sales counters.

The employees will handle trade-ins and preorders, and be expected to sell "exclusive digital add-ons" as customers come in and pick up their games. Best Buy reportedly wants to push a "virtuous cycle," where customers preorder games, buy the DLC at the store, and then use trade-in credits for another preorder as the cycle starts up again.

The game sections in each store are also slated to increase in size, with the less-popular music departments taking the hit in most cases. Best Buy doesn't say if it plans to have free hot dogs for customers who come and buy games, but we're just throwing that out there, guys. Think about it.

Source

Phone: LG Optimus G Pro
Running: Stock JB from LG with Nova Launcher

Old 04-19-2011, 03:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Build Guru

Default Re: Best Buy building out game departments with new sales desks and trained employees

Both managers that interviewed me mentioned this and a bigger Geek Squad to retain the market yet I still didn't get hired. BB can stick it up their hairy for all I care.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Default Re: Best Buy building out game departments with new sales desks and trained employees

Screw best buy, over priced, and horrible place to work at.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:39 PM   #4 (permalink)
Build Guru

At least I woulda been making more than I would at McD's.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Closed Thread