Quick, get Windows 8 Pro cheap while you still can - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Software
Click Here to Login

Old 07-24-2013, 10:10 PM   #11 (permalink)
Banned

Default Re: Quick, get Windows 8 Pro cheap while you still can

Hmm, I heard about this awhile back before mak made news of it here at TF.
I'm testing it now, all I can say is they might need to "really" relook at the registry part of windows 8.1. :/

If I knew I couldn't revert back to windows 8 professional, I would have left it alone. :|
I like my control panel, heck, all I had to do in 8 is move my mouse to right click search type control panel thats that.
Maybe its me, but if nothing is wrong with certain things about a os feature just leave well enough alone and keep moving.
I see why some users on the internet dislike it to a certain degree. :/

For those reading and debating on using windows 8, step up and use it.
Its not that hard its simple to customize if you read the official windows site guide and forum.
Also yes any game/steam user will have no problem running this on full speed on 8.1.
You may want to defrag and cleanup windows before bed time or when you out of the house for the next 6 hours.

-RockMan- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:20 AM   #12 (permalink)
Pushing Daisies on Saturn

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMike
For those reading and debating on using windows 8, step up and use it.
Its not that hard its simple to customize if you read the official windows site guide and forum.
I made the plunge to go to Win8 for my personals and yeah, it took a little while to get used to, but now I find it better than Win7.

Yevrag35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 PM   #13 (permalink)
Build Guru

The unstable OS can stay in its box until it's ready to be used, or skipped.

There is literally nothing 8 or 8.1 does that 7 can't do. The 11.1 arguments will be just the same as 10.1. On the other hand there are things 7 can do that 8 can't that some people prefer.

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 05:44 PM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
The unstable OS can stay in its box until it's ready to be used, or skipped.
On the other hand there are things 7 can do that 8 can't that some people prefer.

Alright then name somethings 8 can't do that 7 can currently fully do.
Search function is an exception in 8
Windows 7 has simple basic-advanced searching.
Why did microsoft need to make it different and into a navigation problem in 8 for most users is beyond me. :|
Really it isn't hard to bring up anything with windows 7 or pretty much novice at it.
Not unless a admin hard locks your desktop in 7, thats a whole different ball game.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Windows 8 was basically built to be a mobile OS. Download start8 and windows 7 no longer needs to exist.
Old 08-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMike View Post
Alright then name somethings 8 can't do that 7 can currently fully do.
Search function is an exception in 8
Windows 7 has simple basic-advanced searching.
Why did microsoft need to make it different and into a navigation problem in 8 for most users is beyond me. :|
Really it isn't hard to bring up anything with windows 7 or pretty much novice at it.
Not unless a admin hard locks your desktop in 7, thats a whole different ball game.
Stability for starters, and complete compatibility which is a program to OS issue, but still that just comes with maturity. One thing 8 will never do, classic theme.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veedubfreak View Post
Windows 8 was basically built to be a mobile OS. Download start8 and windows 7 no longer needs to exist.
Too bad that isn't the case.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:23 PM   #17 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Stability for starters, and complete compatibility which is a program to OS issue, but still that just comes with maturity. One thing 8 will never do, classic theme.
User specific issue. I've had no issues with Windows 8 (same with other people I know) while you have had issues.

Quote:
Has been the case for me and almost every other person I know personally that's ran Win8.

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 01:34 PM   #18 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:

If thats the only particular reason you got for windows 8 not being able to do as 7 can, your in for a very ruid awakening.
I saw your review on youtube about 8 awhile back, from what I see first hand you dont know much about 8 or care enough to get more familiar with windows 8. :/

Since I have been using 8 it hasn't been that much of a issue.
Trouble shooting it if the os becomes unstable because of messed up software and hardware is one thing.
Having to reinstall 8 again using full clean install is unnecessary.
That much I wish Microsoft would look at closely and make it mimic the windows 7 repair and reinstall features.

I'll leave you with this, get into the habit of defragging, clean up any unnecessary debris on the hard drive.
Flush out your internet cache and temp folders that windows and ie have stored up.
You could look into system mechanic/professional 11.8 or any lead clean utility suites.

7 months from the installation of 8 and it has been fine.
I will state this you don't use 8.1 beta for the time being until ms readys it fall and winter 2013.
Also most programs that were made for 7 most of them do work as well past previous os such as 2000 sp3-vista sp2.
Feel free to look around on the net and test somethings and see what may or may not work with 8. :/
Getting ready to back up a few programs and head back to the original windows 8 pro.
Old 08-02-2013, 08:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
User specific issue. I've had no issues with Windows 8 (same with other people I know) while you have had issues.

Has been the case for me and almost every other person I know personally that's ran Win8.
You and a couple people vs a ton of others?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMike View Post
If thats the only particular reason you got for windows 8 not being able to do as 7 can, your in for a very ruid awakening.
I saw your review on youtube about 8 awhile back, from what I see first hand you dont know much about 8 or care enough to get more familiar with windows 8. :/

Since I have been using 8 it hasn't been that much of a issue.
Trouble shooting it if the os becomes unstable because of messed up software and hardware is one thing.
Having to reinstall 8 again using full clean install is unnecessary.
That much I wish Microsoft would look at closely and make it mimic the windows 7 repair and reinstall features.

I'll leave you with this, get into the habit of defragging, clean up any unnecessary debris on the hard drive.
Flush out your internet cache and temp folders that windows and ie have stored up.
You could look into system mechanic/professional 11.8 or any lead clean utility suites.

7 months from the installation of 8 and it has been fine.
I will state this you don't use 8.1 beta for the time being until ms readys it fall and winter 2013.
Also most programs that were made for 7 most of them do work as well past previous os such as 2000 sp3-vista sp2.
Feel free to look around on the net and test somethings and see what may or may not work with 8. :/
Getting ready to back up a few programs and head back to the original windows 8 pro.
I used 8 for a few months after beta was released on a separate drive, and when it hit shelves used it another few months. Then in February I used it as my main OS for 2 months before completely disowning like I did Vista. I have plenty enough experience with the OS. Not real sure what "reivew" you're talking about on Youtube, but I never made any formal review of the program. I made a small tutorial for 3 friends locally who asked me how to get around in 8 and that's about it. Was nothing serious, and I went to their homes and showed them how to do it in person.

Hate to break it to you guys, but I'm not the only person in the world who has a problem with 8. Actually, a ton of people do. Get used to it. My Facebook status I made a few weeks ago sums it up nicely "If you have to defend an OS, it's not worth defending".

I find it very funny how when 1 or two people on a forum don't like the OS the others who actually do like it feel the need to defend it. You like it, cool, move the **** on. There are actually a lot of people who have found some serious problems with it that have been replicated before. Stability in itself with the OS is actually an issue. Considering the fact that nobody had the same problems with 7 (I have used it literally since beta) and nobody complained about it like they did 8, maybe you guys need to sit back and realize 8 really is another Vista. Deal with it.

Mike, I have an SSD. You don't defrag an SSD, and I'm exceptionally OCD about cleanliness which is why I format maybe once every 3 months. Stability != program compatibility. THe two do run hand in hand though.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
You and a couple people vs a ton of others?

I used 8 for a few months after beta was released on a separate drive, and when it hit shelves used it another few months. Then in February I used it as my main OS for 2 months before completely disowning like I did Vista. I have plenty enough experience with the OS. Not real sure what "reivew" you're talking about on Youtube, but I never made any formal review of the program. I made a small tutorial for 3 friends locally who asked me how to get around in 8 and that's about it. Was nothing serious, and I went to their homes and showed them how to do it in person.

I find it very funny how when 1 or two people on a forum don't like the OS the others who actually do like it feel the need to defend it. You like it, cool, move the **** on. There are actually a lot of people who have found some serious problems with it that have been replicated before. Stability in itself with the OS is actually an issue. Considering the fact that nobody had the same problems with 7 (I have used it literally since beta) and nobody complained about it like they did 8, maybe you guys need to sit back and realize 8 really is another Vista. Deal with it.

Mike, I have an SSD. You don't defrag an SSD, and I'm exceptionally OCD about cleanliness which is why I format maybe once every 3 months. Stability != program compatibility. THe two do run hand in hand though.
Ok why am I defending the os again kid ?
I'm only doing this for people who are having a hard time to decide if 8 is a good choice to use or not.
There are many other tech help sites that would be more than willing to help with 8 issues if they are experienced with it.
Instead of crying and shatting bricks about 8 being nearly impossible to operate,.
How about you sit back fot abit this month and learn 8 via through virtual box or some computer test box and fix any problems that may arise ?

Also 8 being like windows Me is "very" far fetched, I used millienium edition for nearly 3 years.
That was a nightmare ms should have never thought of or let loose into the market of 2000-2002.
8 is not nearly as complicated like you claim it is, if you get massive amounts of bsods or any errors pertaining directly to 8 I like for you to personally email to me with "valid dates" or post it up in the windows thread.
Otherwise reading your above statements makes me turn a deaf ear to you on the matter.

It isnt that hard if you know whats wrong with 8 and fix the thing just like 7 and below has put many people over the years.

I