Samsung Samsung Begins Mass Producing 30nm-class 32GB Memory Modules - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Hardware
Closed Thread
Old 06-03-2011, 01:07 PM   #11 (permalink)
True Techie
Thumbs up Re: Samsung Begins Mass Producing 30nm-class 32GB Memory Modules

Originally Posted by David S. View Post
... Samsung says its 30nm-class 4Gb DDR3 chips offer increased productivity in the neighborhood of 50 percent compared to 40nm-class 4Gb DDR3. Because of this, Samsung expects rapid market penetration. ...
Glad they did it.

Now for the Motherboard that supports it and the wallet that can afford it.

At least now (puny) 8GB Chips will drop again.

Bulldozer Will Rule. Got a question, try the Search Bar.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:29 PM   #12 (permalink)
Build Guru
Default Re: Samsung Begins Mass Producing 30nm-class 32GB Memory Modules

Originally Posted by Baez View Post
Even longer. 256k was common from 1987-1990. 12-15 years ago Windows 95 was already out and usually required at least 16MB of memory. 64GB of RAM would be very nice for the work I do. Can't wait until they're affordable.
I was kinda speaking more on a broader term of "common". I think my mentioning of the top was 4MB was a context clue here cause like now not everyone can afford a top end PC. If a top end PC had 4MB then a more common PC would have 256K ect. To elaborate on that, in the mid 90s my first PC was a Comodore 64 and my dad was gaming with a 386 and 6MB of RAM in DOS. Playing games like Descent and Wing Commander. My uncle had a 486 and 12MB of RAM but didn't know how to utilize that power so my dads machine actually ran better (uncle was always worse at computers than my dad). I think at the time the top CPU was a Pentium 1.

To make an example of this in modern times a common gamer PC would be a dual or quad core with 4GB of RAM and the top would be hex with 12GB tri channel. The avg house PC is usually a dual core with 2 or 3GB of RAM.

I think we can all agree on one thing though, DO WANT.

"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire Mechwarrior Online = Thunderson PSN = PP_Mguire

Need Descent and Mechwarrior buddies!
If I helped you, give a thanks! ↓
Access to my Plex PM me.
Closed Thread