AMD AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
S0ULphIRE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 8,668
Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

^Unfortunately, they make up only a very tiny slice of the customer base. The average joe will run at stock, the average joe will get the bulk of the purchases, so stock performance is what people will be interested in.
__________________

__________________
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
S0ULphIRE is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,311
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
^Unfortunately, they make up only a very tiny slice of the customer base. The average joe will run at stock, the average joe will get the bulk of the purchases, so stock performance is what people will be interested in.
Exactly. I'm actually starting to think that the "average joe" makes up most of these big site reviewers too.
__________________

__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lord Techie
 
gurusan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 6,562
Send a message via MSN to gurusan
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
^Unfortunately, they make up only a very tiny slice of the customer base. The average joe will run at stock, the average joe will get the bulk of the purchases, so stock performance is what people will be interested in.
I agree, but it should still be noted that the enthusiast market is a lot larger than it used to be, and the average joe tends to have an enthusiast friend that will recommend CPU A or B.
__________________
|| 2500K @ 5GHz 1 thread, 4.8 2 threads, 4.6 3, 4.5 4 1.284V ||
|| P8P67-M Pro || 8GB @ 2133MHz ||
|| 5850 @ 1000/1225 || XFX 650W || Silverstone FT03B ||
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
gurusan is offline  
Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,311
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusan View Post
I agree, but it should still be noted that the enthusiast market is a lot larger than it used to be, and the average joe tends to have an enthusiast friend that will recommend CPU A or B.
That usually goes something like this
Enthusiast: You can buy this CPU for cheaper and just OC it to make it better.
Joe: Nah I think I would rather just spend a bit extra and get this one. Less work.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline  
Old 10-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a box.
Posts: 227
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
That usually goes something like this
Enthusiast: You can buy this CPU for cheaper and just OC it to make it better.
Joe: Nah I think I would rather just spend a bit extra and get this one. Less work.
i disagree. i got my CPu from a friend the way Guru san said. he said this is alot cheaper and that i could OC/unlock cores to make it better. you're right in the fact that i was too lazy to actually do it, but the option is still there to make it better, so whenever i feel the need and t he motivation i could make it better. obviously now, its not better anymore. but whatever. friends typically don't give details about CPU B because they are too biased with CPU A. typically they would just say CPU A is better than CPU B. end of story. but thats just my opinion about how things go down.
flipp1234567 is offline  
Old 10-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,311
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipp1234567 View Post
i disagree. i got my CPu from a friend the way Guru san said. he said this is alot cheaper and that i could OC/unlock cores to make it better. you're right in the fact that i was too lazy to actually do it, but the option is still there to make it better, so whenever i feel the need and t he motivation i could make it better. obviously now, its not better anymore. but whatever. friends typically don't give details about CPU B because they are too biased with CPU A. typically they would just say CPU A is better than CPU B. end of story. but thats just my opinion about how things go down.
That would make you the 1 of 9 times out of 10 then. For people who don't want to overclock (AKA the average joe as we are speaking of) they would choose the faster CPU because they don't want to take the time or risk of overclocking even as a possibility. The fact that you have 92 posts on a tech forum puts you in the non average joe area. Get what I'm saying?
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a box.
Posts: 227
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
That would make you the 1 of 9 times out of 10 then. For people who don't want to overclock (AKA the average joe as we are speaking of) they would choose the faster CPU because they don't want to take the time or risk of overclocking even as a possibility. The fact that you have 92 posts on a tech forum puts you in the non average joe area. Get what I'm saying?
doesn't mean anything how many posts i have. i don't need to post on the forums to understand anything. being the "non average joe" i am, i don't post anything because i don't need to. reading is all i need. what do you know about my activities with computers? 1) its my own opinion, 2) don't you think i would have read/been on forums other than this? in case you didn't know, there are many more tech forums out there.
flipp1234567 is offline  
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Build Guru
 
PP Mguire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Fort Worth, Texas
Posts: 28,311
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

Apparently, you don't get what I'm saying.

I'll spell it out.
The fact that you are on a tech forum means that you have a "general" interest in technology meaning you are more inclined to take the enthusiasts advice to overclock said lower CPU than do like what I said an "average joe" would do. Putting you as the 1 in the 9 times out of 10 an average joe will go for the better CPU crowd. No need to get defensive over nothing.
__________________
"Resolution is just a number." #Ubisoft
Origin/Steam = PP_Mguire Twitch = pp_mguire Instagram = ppmguire PSN = PP_Mguire

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline  
Old 10-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
True Techie
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: In a box.
Posts: 227
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

well. i could be abnormal Joe. be enthusiast but too lazy to OC :P
__________________

flipp1234567 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
AMD Bulldozer flipp1234567 New Systems | Building and Buying 7 07-31-2011 08:30 PM
Bulldozer requires AM3+ socket Puddle Jumper New Technology and Products 9 09-03-2010 11:51 PM
AMD's Bobcat and Bulldozer, 2011 flagship CPU cores, detailed today Wildside New Technology and Products 21 08-28-2010 10:21 PM
AMD Bulldozer platform for 2011. Antec-User New Technology and Products 4 01-14-2010 09:51 PM
AMD Bulldozer Specs! philbar71 New Technology and Products 0 11-15-2009 07:25 PM



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.