AMD AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays? - Page 3 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: AMD's Bulldozer Chips - More Delays?

^Unfortunately, they make up only a very tiny slice of the customer base. The average joe will run at stock, the average joe will get the bulk of the purchases, so stock performance is what people will be interested in.

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 09-27-2011, 08:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
^Unfortunately, they make up only a very tiny slice of the customer base. The average joe will run at stock, the average joe will get the bulk of the purchases, so stock performance is what people will be interested in.
Exactly. I'm actually starting to think that the "average joe" makes up most of these big site reviewers too.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to gurusan

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
I agree, but it should still be noted that the enthusiast market is a lot larger than it used to be, and the average joe tends to have an enthusiast friend that will recommend CPU A or B.
|| 37" LCD TV || CM Hyper 212+ || Samsung 2.1 Soundbar ||
Old 09-27-2011, 09:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurusan View Post
I agree, but it should still be noted that the enthusiast market is a lot larger than it used to be, and the average joe tends to have an enthusiast friend that will recommend CPU A or B.
That usually goes something like this
Enthusiast: You can buy this CPU for cheaper and just OC it to make it better.
Joe: Nah I think I would rather just spend a bit extra and get this one. Less work.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-03-2011, 07:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
That usually goes something like this
Enthusiast: You can buy this CPU for cheaper and just OC it to make it better.
Joe: Nah I think I would rather just spend a bit extra and get this one. Less work.
i disagree. i got my CPu from a friend the way Guru san said. he said this is alot cheaper and that i could OC/unlock cores to make it better. you're right in the fact that i was too lazy to actually do it, but the option is still there to make it better, so whenever i feel the need and t he motivation i could make it better. obviously now, its not better anymore. but whatever. friends typically don't give details about CPU B because they are too biased with CPU A. typically they would just say CPU A is better than CPU B. end of story. but thats just my opinion about how things go down.
Old 10-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #26 (permalink)
Build Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipp1234567 View Post
i disagree. i got my CPu from a friend the way Guru san said. he said this is alot cheaper and that i could OC/unlock cores to make it better. you're right in the fact that i was too lazy to actually do it, but the option is still there to make it better, so whenever i feel the need and t he motivation i could make it better. obviously now, its not better anymore. but whatever. friends typically don't give details about CPU B because they are too biased with CPU A. typically they would just say CPU A is better than CPU B. end of story. but thats just my opinion about how things go down.
That would make you the 1 of 9 times out of 10 then. For people who don't want to overclock (AKA the average joe as we are speaking of) they would choose the faster CPU because they don't want to take the time or risk of overclocking even as a possibility. The fact that you have 92 posts on a tech forum puts you in the non average joe area. Get what I'm saying?

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
That would make you the 1 of 9 times out of 10 then. For people who don't want to overclock (AKA the average joe as we are speaking of) they would choose the faster CPU because they don't want to take the time or risk of overclocking even as a possibility. The fact that you have 92 posts on a tech forum puts you in the non average joe area. Get what I'm saying?
doesn't mean anything how many posts i have. i don't need to post on the forums to understand anything. being the "non average joe" i am, i don't post anything because i don't need to. reading is all i need. what do you know about my activities with computers? 1) its my own opinion, 2) don't you think i would have read/been on forums other than this? in case you didn't know, there are many more tech forums out there.
Old 10-04-2011, 08:27 PM   #28 (permalink)
Build Guru

Apparently, you don't get what I'm saying.

I'll spell it out.
The fact that you are on a tech forum means that you have a "general" interest in technology meaning you are more inclined to take the enthusiasts advice to overclock said lower CPU than do like what I said an "average joe" would do. Putting you as the 1 in the 9 times out of 10 an average joe will go for the better CPU crowd. No need to get defensive over nothing.

Access to my Plex PM me.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:32 PM   #29 (permalink)
True Techie

well. i could be abnormal Joe. be enthusiast but too lazy to OC :P

Closed Thread