Researchers create microscopic disposable camera to see up in your guts - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News
Closed Thread
Old 03-12-2011, 09:21 AM   #1 (permalink)
Destroyer of headlines
Default Researchers create microscopic disposable camera to see up in your guts

It's true, a team of researchers have created a one-cubic-millimeter throwaway camera, and if they have their way, it could be peeking inside you in the next year. The new tiny shooters, which sport a 250 x 250 pixel resolution, are created using a streamlined process in which the lens and sensor wafers are affixed before being cut into a series of 28,000 little cameras -- eliminating the need to mount and wire each one individually. This new mode of production cuts back on cost significantly, allowing physicians to throw away the little guys after routing around in your intestines. According to the camera's creators, their diminutive invention could make its way into your doctor's office as early as 2012.

Colonoscopy, anyone?

Old 03-16-2011, 06:03 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie
Send a message via MSN to CntdwnToExtn
Default Re: Researchers create microscopic disposable camera to see up in your guts

Ohhhh my mind was in the gutter reading the title and where it stopped "...disposable camera to see up..."

Aaaaaaand I'll pass on the colonoscopy thank you very much XD

[110.7896] Getting up from chair
[112.8798] Walking to fridge
[118.5234] Opening Fridge
[119.1439] CntdwnToExtn panic - no beer: Fridge empty!

Old 03-27-2011, 11:58 AM   #3 (permalink)
Newb Techie
Default Re: Researchers create microscopic disposable camera to see up in your guts

This makes me slightly scared.
Closed Thread