Mythbusted: No link between mobile phones & brain cancer - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Techist Forum Information > News
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 07:00 PM   #11 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Send a message via MSN to S0ULphIRE
Default Re: Mythbusted: No link between mobile phones & brain cancer

Based off an 18 year study of over a quarter of a million mobile phone users, as well as my own experience in the matter, as well as my own understanding of electromagnetic radiation, I would say yes I do believe that using my mobile phone doesn't affect me.

I wonder, can you explain to me what a radio wave is? Or what a microwave is? Did you even know a microwave IS a type of radio wave? Do you have *any* idea of how this works, or are you just grabbing whatever supporting articles you can find to bolster your position and ignoring contradictory evidence?

"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 11-29-2011, 07:04 PM   #12 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami View Post
And those side effects are...?
Not being able to complete sentences.

CPU-6100 3.3 Ghz Black Edition, MB ASUS CrossHair V, GPU Galaxy GTX 560ti X2, G.Skill Sniper 1866 4x4GB, PSU SilverStone SST-ST1000-P, WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1TB x2, Monitor ASUS 258VE LED BackLit, ASUS 12x BW-12B1ST Blu-Ray Writer, IWIN BUC case, SteelSeries MERC KeyBoard,NetGear DGND3700 N600 Wireless ADSL2+
Old 11-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via MSN to Sheepykins

some people have made a living for over 10 years or more with their ear to a phone :P

i dont believe these cancer larks, "scientists" find new things to damage our bodies every day, or example
now wifi adapters kill sperm, OH NOES! .... i'll just tell that to my friend who has like 4 kids lol
Old 11-29-2011, 08:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
True Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ULphIRE View Post
Based off an 18 year study of over a quarter of a million mobile phone users, as well as my own experience in the matter, as well as my own understanding of electromagnetic radiation, I would say yes I do believe that using my mobile phone doesn't affect me.

I wonder, can you explain to me what a radio wave is? Or what a microwave is? Did you even know a microwave IS a type of radio wave? Do you have *any* idea of how this works, or are you just grabbing whatever supporting articles you can find to bolster your position and ignoring contradictory evidence?
What position are you referring to? I have no position. Prove to me no harm is done.

Can you tell me the pre heat, the mid pass heat, and the final pass heat when welding 1% chrome?
CPU-6100 3.3 Ghz Black Edition, MB ASUS CrossHair V, GPU Galaxy GTX 560ti X2, G.Skill Sniper 1866 4x4GB, PSU SilverStone SST-ST1000-P, WD1002FAEX Caviar Black 1TB x2, Monitor ASUS 258VE LED BackLit, ASUS 12x BW-12B1ST Blu-Ray Writer, IWIN BUC case, SteelSeries MERC KeyBoard,NetGear DGND3700 N600 Wireless ADSL2+
Old 11-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrnotu View Post
What position are you referring to? I have no position.
Your position is mobiles are harmful to your health, please don't make me quote your earlier posts in this very thread...

Quote:
Can you tell me the pre heat, the mid pass heat, and the final pass heat when welding 1% chrome?
I couldn't tell you the pre/mid/final pass heat, that's not my area of expertise. I fail to see its relevance to this topic?

Quote:
Prove to me no harm is done.
I'll link you directly to the study this whole thread is about: Use of mobile phones and risk of brain tumours: update of Danish cohort study | BMJ
Let me quote the conclusion for you:
Quote:
In this update of a large nationwide cohort study of mobile phone use, there were no increased risks of tumours of the central nervous system, providing little evidence for a causal association
Or is THIS study obviously wrong, and the government study you vaguely referred to obviously right? What more do you need?! Is an 18 year study not long enough?!
"As a result of all this hardship, dirt, thirst, and wombats, you would expect Australians to be a sour lot. Instead, they are genial, jolly, cheerful, and always willing to share a kind word with a stranger, unless they are an American." -- Douglas Adams
Old 11-29-2011, 09:02 PM   #16 (permalink)
True Techie

Wow! 18 years is several lifetimes. You sound like a Vulcan. I suggested that for every positive report there is a negative report. Go look. Radio waves is not my area of expertise. And I had to look to spell expertise. Just because one is very well educated does not mean they are smart or have common sense. I will take common sense everytime.
Old 11-29-2011, 09:14 PM   #17 (permalink)
Ultra Techie

Send a message via MSN to Sheepykins

ok settle down girls. people always need something to worry about however unfounded, these days radio waves are used for a **** of a lot more than just mobile phone signals and if there were cancer risks they would have found another way or we would know after 25 or so years of using these things for EVERYTHING.

:P lets all relax, have some cake
Old 11-29-2011, 09:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Common sense should dictate that you shouldn't jump to conclusions, especially with no knowledge on the subject at hand.

But I agree, enough has been said. Cake tiem!

Closed Thread