your opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nVdia

In Runtime
Okay I was just looking at prices for a new mobo and a new video card. I was looking at a EVGA 7800GT and a Gigabyte mobo. All together its $500. Thats the same price as a xbox 360. What would you rather invest in a gaming Computer or a console.

I would say gaming computer because computer games are cheaper than xbox 360 games. Also because i go on the computer than i play videogames. Just my opinion :).

The only reason why I am debating is because I have had terrible luck with computers. I just finished building my computer and everything I bought I had to buy something else to make it work properly. lol. But is a 7800Gt over kill for a Athlon 64 3200+

tuff decision...but i would go with the pc because you are not just limited to games with a pc and also games are cheaper

nVdia said:
Okay I was just looking at prices for a new mobo and a new video card. I was looking at a EVGA 7800GT and a Gigabyte mobo. All together its $500. Thats the same price as a xbox 360. What would you rather invest in a gaming Computer or a console.

Firstly, I would be having a quick read of any PC vs Console Debates.

Secondly, if you are going for the new computer, wait until AFTER CHINESE new year as there is normally a price drop.
BTW, Chinese new year is this week end. However wait 2 weeks for the prices to come into effect at your retail store.

some places dont normally drop there prices after chinese new years...the only time they drop is when new items come out...

Depends on where things are getting manufactured. Because there is some manufacturers that shut down for up to 2 weeks.

Gigabytes normally on the ball. So the chinese new year pricing should be out by mid next week.

I think I would definitly choose a computer over a console. You don't have to buy a modchip to play copied games. :)

Besides, they do so much.

nVdia said:
How much of a difference in graphics is there between the ge force 7 series and the 360 Console?
Yeah.... simple.....

You can upgrade the video card in your PC.
As for the 360, you are just going to have to put up with it for the next 4 years when the following X-BOX comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom