You might be a gamer if:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teleporters actually exist first they teleported a photon and now IIRC an atom. the problem is the human body is so complex that it would take 70 million years to send the signal down optical fibres. Thats where quantum wireless computing comes in and I believe they have managed that aswell and can reach upto 300km.

Proof? Link? Well a photon would be usless to teleport even if we can do it as it already could pass around the world is less then a second. Quantum computing is a concept, that is in development and is not viable, would not help in teloporting something. It is just meant to Vastly inscrease our processing power. If quantum computer came out tomorrow, it would be faster then any computer/supercomputer on earth all combined.

Also where is this 70 million years coming from to send a human body? just a wild leap or guess. Or do you have facts?

By the time we could demolecularize a human body then remalecularize it on the other side alive we probably would have no use for it. This process would be basically turning our bodies into 1's and 0's on a subatomic level. Storing this vast amount of information then recreating the body somewhere else, the problem with the theory is one, how to make the subject be alive on the other side, two store the large amount of data with out it being corrupted and you coming out looking like paned sausage. Finally how are we remaking the body on the other side and making it functional.

sorry if this sounded offensive, it was not meant that way. I am just very serious about this sort of thing.

Wooh luke i never said it would be transporters as of the like of star trek

http://cerncourier.com/cws/article/cern/28175< -- teleportation of a photon
BBC NEWS | Science/Nature | Teleportation breakthrough made <--- teleportation of an atom
The figure of time span was from a recent discovery program on new methods of transportation and they said it would not be accounting for restructuring
There was article in new scientist of a phycist who using a single photon and mirrors plus special other conditions split the photon into its horizontal and vertical axis
Photons get the quantum cloning treatment - physicsworld.com <--How quantum computing would work
Laser cracks 'unbreakable' quantum communications - tech - 03 October 2008 - New Scientist <-- evidence of quantum computing in action

I can't find the article on the quantum communication I read it last week though

"teleported" information about photon polarization (not the photon itself)

The ability to transfer key properties of one particle to another without using any physical link has until now only been achieved with laser light.

sent a photon into a crystal where it stimulated the emission of another photon with almost the same properties

These things are NOT teloportation, this is the transfer of properties of one thing to another, these two things are VERY different. I never said there has not been some exciting things in quantum computing, i said it is not viable yet.Also that break through link in quantum computing that you listed is not quantum computing, it isQuantum cryptography. Used to protect data, but is VERY far from large scale practical use as it can be hacked extremily easily. Like the article states.Don't take this as ,e trying to argu with you, it is not, im just debating the fact.

What would you claim was teleportation then? The star trek version where it shimmers then appears to dissapear and reappear. That is not going to happen until the ability of working out how to make mass from energy is discovered and the remote destruction in a controlled manner of sub atomic particles. Replication of properties without physical medium imo is teleportation

^IMO, it is not. Teloportation, im not talking about star trek stuff here. Is where and object goes from one place to another back into its orgional form with out harm. This indeed is done by the transfer of energy into mass. The articles you listed are only a way of transfering some properties of particles from one to another...thus giving a similar result but much different in prctical aplications. Say for example you wanted to transfer a bug into a viper but they were on opposit sides of the planet. This way you would need an object on the other end the same volume, density ect of the bug, and then (theoretically) you could transfer the properties of the bug to the other object. Do you see what im getting at?

Yes I do but these are baby steps to cracking that code teleportation of the type you are speaking of to exist. Current cloning techniques do not create and exact replica of an animal they still haven't cracked the biological clock. If an animal is cloned at the age of 10 and expected to live to 20 due to dna degradation the cloned animal would live 10 or less years due to this biological clock. This doesn't make it any less ingenious its cloning in a real world sense just with a critical flaw. I see current teleportation as the same its not perfect but the ability to transfer characteristics of matter and radiation is a breakthrough.

Another thing.. if you play too much Oblivion...

I've had the tendency to say "By the Nine Divines..." or "May the 8 and 1..."

Sometimes when I am playing basketball i make sound affects. Like, i will pass the ball and say " bzzzzew" like a laser sound or when I get a rebound I say "Power up". I stop once people actually here me and give me funny looks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom