XBOX 360. is it worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
NewCents05 said:
wtf why would u wanna buy a kick ass pc??? jesus this thing is just as good as one but at 1/3rd of the cost
yea pcs can do more stuff blah blah blah but the xbox360 is only focused on playing games and nothing else. i played one at the local gaming store cause their all assholes they all have the system but wont sell them out early meh whatever but its soooo swweeettt. i wanna buy one soo badly but it comes out on tuesday and i have school then so im afraid itll be sold out everywhere by 3 oclock so im pretty much screwed. id rather buy it now for 400 than like a year from now for 300 or something
ps3 will be so awesome too but im soo positive these 2 systems will bring my school grade down cause all ill do is play them sooo ill end up getting them taken away lol.

def spend the 400 for xbox cause more games will comes out anyway and if ur friends are into xbox then you can play online since you have to pay for online it should be virtually lag free on microsofts part. but this is just my opinion if you wanna buy a pc go right ahead ur choice not ours

as said by blackmore, to get the graphics looking anywhere near a PC, you need a HDtv.

yea i was planning to buy one with 360 but i cant get 360 for like 2 weeks now till a new shipment comes in but if you guys have a microcenter near you theres a huge sale friday called after thanksgiving sale(real catchy title) but theres a 32in lcd hd-ready for $799 which is insane and its made by winbook. i couldnt find a price like that for a used one on ebay so i wanna pick that up. my cable reciever is an hdtv converter too so i would just hook up the 360 to that.

only if i like the games on the ps3 i dont really care about performance but the ps3 dose look sweeeeeeeeet

No, it looks like a George Foreman grill with a boomerang controller. If your talking about those nice demos and you prob are, just remember:they are videos, not actual gameplay being played on the ps3 making it very easy for them to make a demo look really awsome. Killzone may look the same as in the demo, but I have my doubts. For the question about buying the xbox, if you have an HDTV then go for it. If you have some regular glass bowl shaped screen crt tv then I don't have an answer for you. Games will still look cool, just not nearly as cool as it would with a PC and a monitor, unless you have an HDTV. Also you mentioned you mainly want to play rpgs, but you didn't list Oblivion? I guess you were planning on getting it for the PC?

get a ps3, far more powerful than the xbox 360 and IBM plans to release the 8 core processor for pc`s in the future.

But it all depends on games I think you get more on a pc in terms of genres than a console. Although with nintendo`s crazy gizmo things finally look interesting. Id say get a pc for strategy games, sims and rpgs and a console for typical beat em ups and shooters.

Its just how it works though in 5 years pc`s will catch up and overtake and then a new console will come out and the pc will look dated, its the cycle of technology.

*sigh* how many times does this have to be mentioned. Look at the other posts about the 7DSP for the cell processor. It is NOT what you think. It is NOT a general purpose processor.

I went a talk explaining the cell processor with someone from sony, you have one main part and 8 others the main one tells the others what to do and it also contains a 4 ring address bus. The person also said it will be released as a processor by IBM, probably for servers. They also went on to say maybe in the future because cell is so powerful just putting more CPU`s on a board.

Last night I got to play the XBOX360 for about 9 hours on my friends huge 60" HDTV, surround sound etc..it was *****in I must admit.but dissapointing at the sametime. We played a varitey of games including Need For Speed Most wanted, Quake 4, and something called Perfect Dark Zero (if I recall, not to sure).

Anywho it DOES NOT come anywhere close to the PC in quality. My friend and I both agreed it is awesome for a console simply not up to the level of a PC quite yet. We had some lag in Quake 4 with just about 8 bots so I could imagine it will be worse on XBOX live. The edges arent smooth had many jaggy edges etc. Both Quake 4 and Need for Speed most wanted on my PC look much much better and no lag at all.

Again though in terms in "consoles" this is really quite impressive and I may pick one up when the rush dies down a bit. I to am a big fan of fighting games as someone mentioned :) I am waiting for the next Mortal Kombat to hit 360. However to say "the 360 is just is as good as a PC" would be a false statement. Technology is getting there though, we will see what the PS3 brings to the table.

To say the 360 is anywhere close to PC is incorrect. In terms of technology it is more powerful, HOWEVER, the limiting factor is NOT the hardware, but instead the lack of support thus far for it.

PC > any console

console games have lower resolutions than PC games. thats why they have jagged lines everywhere and no vertical sync so there are horizontal tearings. some games might have vertical sync, i dont know, but they dont have anti alliasing and anistropic filltering for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom