Xbox 360 and PS3 Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SiZcO

In Runtime
I'm interested in buying one of the two, but i heard back when they came out, they kinda work like a PC you can hook them up to online and everything and they even work as a PC kinda.. im confused on the concept actually. can anyone inform me?

because they have a harddrive and can play music basically. Each have their own online gaming/social service.

not sure on the netsurfing abilities...as I have neither.

I know you can use the xbox like a media extender for your pc. PS3 can play dvd/blu ray out of the box. Not sure what Xbox 360 can play out of the box, if it needs something like that annoying remote the xbox needed (scam!) hehe...you can play hddvd if you buy the extra hddvd piece.

i have both systems

yes in one way there like a pc but they don't do half the things a pc dose

PS3 good and bad points:
can play blu ray movies right of the box
can play ALL ps1 games on it and 80% of ps2 games on it
can hook a eithernet wire in to the back and go on the internet and ps store
can get a few different types all more or less do the same thing apart from HDD size and 1 - 2 other things (ask guy in store)

can put music, photos, game demos ( from ps store) and get a few different things from ps store

can change the HDD your self for a bigger or smaller one

downside to browser is it can only handle basic things like this forum for 1, basic java for 2 ( like a login system not games)

it has very few games to

xbox 360 goods and bads:
nice selection of games

xbox live

20gb or 120 gb HDD

market place (like ps store)

can change the face plate to make it look better

msn messanger

bad things are you don't get a browser, you cant put own HDD on (more in next post)

ran out of space so heres carry on

the xbox 360 market place you get demos, gamer pictures, backgrounds, videos and add on's to games, the demos are free as are SOME backgrounds and gamer pictures but you have to pay for everything else and xbox live gold is $40 a year to run

the ps store is the same thing with demos, videos, backgrounds, ps1 games and game content, it cost nothing to run the account and it cost nothing for the demos, pictures and videos but you have to pay for the ps1 games and game content

both have pros and cons

the xbox 360 can run cds and dvds right out of the box but needs the HD-DVD add on to play HD-DVD's where as the ps3 can run cds, dvds and blu ray movies right out of the box without having to pay loads for add on's

my suggestion is look at the games on the systems now and look at upcoming games and get a systems based on that, now lets wait for theends beat down on the xbox 360

Its a difficult choice, Ps3 is wifi, I think better graphix then 360 [NOT BIG DIFFERENCE] But the downfall is few games, if you would wait about 4-8 months you may find many games on Ps3, If you dont want to wait i would choose XBOX

The game selection on ps3 is increasing... though SLOWLY. Xbox still has it beat by quite a bit.

That said i'll be getting a ps3 in the next few months. I like both the xboz and ps3, PS3's games just appeal more to me. That's about it. **** i'd buy a ps3 just for FF13, forget the other games. Don't know if its beign released on xbox or not. Don't wanna read too much on it, i'll get excited then impatient haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom