Xbox 360 or PS3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
PS3 = No Games, still developing online play
360 = Tons of games and nice online play

PS3 = Great hardware
360 = Crappy hardware

Actually:
PS3 = Few good games, but not enough. Online play is VERY lacking!
360 = Great online play, tons of awesome games

PS3 = Great Hardware
360 = Great Hardware

The only difference really in hardware is the CPU of the PS3, and it really will likely never be fully utilized, so it was just a waste on Sony's part. Blu-Ray is nice, which is why I bought my PS3, but streaming movies and using downloads like NetFlix and the 360 takes an advantage there.

Also, in reference to online play. The PS3 is no where NEAR the quality of 360. Why, just the other day I tried playing COD4 on PS3 and every game I got into lagged horribly, or the host quit, or the server disconnected, etc. etc. I have 20mbps/5mbps internet and NEVER lag on my 360 games. In fact, we gave up on the PS3, my friend went out and bought a 360, we came back to my apartment and enjoyed COD4 with all perfect full green connection (often times being host :D) and no disconnects, no lag. Not to mention the 360 has much easier interfaces for muting annoying people that all online services are plagued with.

Now, you may say that the PS3 is always improving the online service, well it's been near 2 years, and the service is still this much worse than Xbox Live? The saying is true. You get what you pay for, and I'd rather pay $40 for Xbox Live, than pay nothing and lag all the time for no reason other than Sony hasn't optimized their servers, matchmaking system, etc.

PS3 Home is supposed to come out and upgrade their online service, but is it supposed to improve matchmaking, server quality, connection, etc? As far as I've seen, it's just a central system makeover that lets you have a person and an apartment and launch games, etc. Does it actually even affect online play?

When it comes down to it, with the recent price cuts the 360 is the all around better buy. Some of you may say that the price difference is null when considering that PS3 has built-in wifi; well, I know that most people who game online use an ethernet connection and opt out of wireless. Wireless is good for some things, but when it comes to having a pure, constant signal, ethernet is best and that's why even with the built-in wifi, many people still just use the ethernet port. And I know I have given in to the fanboy comments, but I just can't stand watching misinformed people rant. I have experience with both systems, their hardware, and online services, and my PS3 sits there while the 360 gets all the action.

cvb, you were right, bro... I feel bad now :p

cvb, you were right, bro... I feel bad now :p

Of course I was lol. Have any of us ever seen a truly fact driven thread on console wars? They're always just opinions. I was just trying to save the mods some work by breaking a fight up before it happened. This thread is fine though. No one is really fighting.

Your right Surge the PS3 kind of has gone to waste. But Microsoft did cut corners and had loads of problems with the 360 as well. Since pretty much everyone here games on computers anyways. Guess there is no point wasting time discussing which console is more of a let down.

threads that talk about which console is the best or compare which one the OP should buy is kind of pointless, I mean after all, its your money, your choice, your style.

another thing... ps3 will play most movies that the 360 wont... i use TVersity to stream movies and music from my computer to my 360 and it sucks cuz i can only play avi formats on it.

from what i hear and told the ps3 can play mkv. and all the other "free" movie formats i get.

just another thing to look into i guess.

^actually with an update that they released a couple months ago you can play DIVX and what not, I use TVersity as well and never had a problem with any of my files.

^Umm xbox live costs $40 a year, Newegg.com - Microsoft Xbox Live Gold 12 Month Subscription Card $39.99, and you get much better service and online content the PSN.

The 360 has many updates too making things better and adding new features a lot.

The thing with blu-ray is the movies are $50 so blu-ray really is not worth it right now, and right now there is no need for blu-ray games because games are fine right now and unless you want to be playing like 500 hour long games.
Blue ray has nothing to do with length. I mean it CAN have something to do with it, but not in every case. Do you think the movies that come out on Blu ray are longer then the normal DVD's? Do you think they just leave a bunch of blank space on the blu ray? No, its about quality. As we all know higher quality graphics/content come with more coding and higher quality pictures - equating to more space. In order to code/include this higher quality contect (and more elaborate) you have to have more space to incorporate this data.

Don't get time confused in the mixture - while it can play a part, for the most part this is about quality and the AMOUNT of data, no how long the game can be played.

i have an xbox love it but hate it. love the games and the gameplay but hate microsoft them money grabbers i mean £60 to have wireless wat a rip then £40 to play wiv ma mates. these are the advantage about ps3 but as mentioned ps3 have barely have any decent titles. bring on killzone 2!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom