Xbox 360, Nintento Wii, or PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Too the WII it looks like they are focusing more on the machine's apperance rather then the machines capability. I havent read up about it or anything cause quit frankly i really dont care at all but... i think they are trying to make it catch your eye by its sleek desgin and shiney whiteness and thats what will motivate you to buy it. but after all we really cant judge systems vs the xbox360 when they arent even out yet.

colby said:
Too the WII it looks like they are focusing more on the machine's appearance rather then the machines capability.

They have thought long and hard about their machines capability having a controller like theirs which is a fresh new way to take gaming. They aim at having bringing gameplay back to gaming rather than fantastic graphics so I cant wait :).

Although as you said know one can compare until all 3 consoles are out. I must admit the Wii`s price makes it very appealing too me and I`ll most certainly get one.

baronvongogo said:
They have thought long and hard about their machines capability having a controller like theirs which is a fresh new way to take gaming. They aim at having bringing gameplay back to gaming rather than fantastic graphics so I cant wait :).

Although as you said know one can compare until all 3 consoles are out. I must admit the Wii`s price makes it very appealing too me and I`ll most certainly get one.

why you want tone arms or somthing?
if you want a work out go to the gym dont make it a console. :D

people who play console games are too lazy to go outside and play a sport so why make a console game people are too fat to play?

lol... its great they tryed to come out with a different style of gaming but i dont think the public media will like it. there was a video posted in ps2 section about a console convention and wii didnt even like the general public there try it out.

many of the games I play have extremely little loading in them and much of this is due to the fact that ps2 doesn't come with a hard drive so the game can't use the cache. You have to take into account that the ps2 is a pretty old system and obviosuly years later new systems will be improving on things.

Actually, have to disagree with you there. A hard drive will DECREASE loading times because the transfer rate on a hard drive is MUCH faster than that of the optical drive, and the cache system helps manage and increase load times. Side by side with the same games, the xbox tended to do better load time wise then the ps2. I also agree, sony is out for money. Thats all (except consumer being happy, but you have to do that so they will buy your product). Saying they are not is fundamentaly incorrect, after all that is WHY they are in business, same thing goes for MS, Nintendo, and any other company. Yes, they will lost money at the beginning but make money through a large support base and part pricing declining over time. I wouldn't mind a PS3, but not at that price, I have to many other things to spend money on. Rent, bills, new baby 16 day old baby :) , all sorts of stuff. Ill get a 360, then later a Wii to stagger the pricing, then one day maybe a PS3.

Yah about the loading times, that's what I meant, but I just worded it weird in my sentence.

Also, IF I did mean that the harddrive made loading times slower then you shouldn't have just disagreed with that because I would have been wrong.

The only way a harddrive can make loading times longer is in Socom 2's case where in the beginning it checks to see if you have a harddrive for 5 seconds regardless if you are using maps from it or anything.

But yeah I apologize, I did word that weird.

I doubt I'll get any of them, because I'm really not a console person. Once the Wii is out and I see the games and use the controller, I might consider it. It looks to be quite an innovative design. Plus Nintendo makes great games.

NathanM said:
I doubt I'll get any of them, because I'm really not a console person. Once the Wii is out and I see the games and use the controller, I might consider it. It looks to be quite an innovative design. Plus Nintendo makes great games.

the N64 was great but talk about the game cube... that was a stinker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom