Xbox 360, Nintento Wii, or PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I won't own them all. Too expensive to own them all and buy games for each. I'll probably end up owning two of them eventually. If PS3 does well then I'll include a wii with that, if PS3 fails i'll probably end up owning a PS3 and a 360.

If a game really comes out for a system I don't have I can always just mooch off of friends and play it at their house. ^-^.

i have 3 xbox 360's two i use for xbox live and one i have modded to play burnt games, and i love all of them. i have never had a problem with any of them.

the ps3 doesnt really interest me much because i thought the ps2 was such a peice of ****, i mean the games took forever to load, most games had really mediocare (sp?) graphics compared to the box and cube, and it broke so **** easy, every one i know has had there ps2 crap out on them a few time and some have had theres break just from falling off a 2 foot high coffe table. the ps3 is costing $600 and thats just way to much considering you can get both a wii and 360 for that price. alot of people are commenting the blue ray driver on the ps3 on the other forums i have been on and i think that blue ray is an awful idea, first off they dont know how long blue ray will last considering the outragouse price of it, and second the fact that the games will be blue ray discs mean they will cost a lot more hten the wiis or the 360's games.

o and did anybody read about the fact that at E3 this year at the ps3 exibit they were secretly using a 360 to show off some of there games, i thought that was really interesting.

You are actually saying that most of the ps2 games look worse than gamecube games? Granted ps2 has the worst hardware out of all 3, but c'mon the good ps2 games look just as good as a many xbox games and pretty much the great majority of gamecube ones. Long loading times, c'mon ... many of the games I play have extremely little loading in them and much of this is due to the fact that ps2 doesn't come with a hard drive so the game can't use the cache. You have to take into account that the ps2 is a pretty old system and obviosuly years later new systems will be improving on things.

Also, I got my playstation 2 on the first day, and I've dropped mine countless times and it is still working perfectly. My cousin's ps2 also worked after his basement got flooded, but his xbox didn't. If you are dropping your console from 2 feet anyway of course there will be a risk of it breaking. Drop a my computer a few times from a few feet high and things might not start to work right after awhile.

The blue ray thing is a little shaky. I think the most likely thing in this hd-dvd vs blueray war is that niether will win, so this new format doesn't matter. Yah there are rumors that ps3 games could actually even go up to 100 bucks per game, but until games start coming out this is all just speculation.

To the E3 thing, I read the same thing and I'm actually fairly certain that is true. However, they did it with games that were available on xbox360 and ps3... it's not like they were running an exclusive title like mgs4 on the xbox360. But I do think that is a little strange as to why they did that.
But also nintendo wii did something similar, a lot of games they were showing were running on gamecube but no one really says anything because they are both Nintendo consoles.

These threads are so rediculous. Everyone in this thread has 'their' console and is going to defend it weither they like it or not. I have a 360 its alright... Im not a big console fan or anything and i probaly paid 200$ more for shoit im not even going to use just by getting the console. I didnt buy the console to listen to music, watch dvd's, download movies, or do any shoit like that. The only reason i prefer the 360 over the ps3 is because the ps3 put even more out ragous things in the console just to make the price jump to 500$ and make it seem like a better buy. Of course it looks like a better console cause it has blu ray... but are you going to use it? are you going to listen to music on ur ps3 or xbox? are you going to use half the **** they put in it just to get a penny out of you?

aaronkupen said:
I don't think Sony's master plan was to cram extra things so they could raise the price.

actualy i do. they do that so the console seems better and makes you want to buy it over the 360. so they shove as much junk as possible to make it look better raise the price and then have you buy it.

Their master plan was to add in all those extra things, and give you the best technology available. That correlates with a higher price, but my point was they aren't adding these things in to make more money initially because we all know consoles lose money the first year.

aaronkupen said:
Their master plan was to add in all those extra things, and give you the best technology available. That correlates with a higher price, but my point was they aren't adding these things in to make more money initially because we all know consoles lose money the first year.

you think these companys give a rats *** about anything but money? the only reason they add this **** is so we spend more and they make more profite. why would they add all these useless features no1 uses if they are just looking out for us with the latest technology when they know everyone has a dvd by now everyone has a cd player everyone has all the **** they put in the **** console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom