Xbox 360, Nintento Wii, or PS3

Status
Not open for further replies.
360 and Wii FTW! (All for the same price as a PS3 - probally.)

I think the Wii's specs will be of a mid range PC rather than only slightly better than the GC.

nobody can say revolution is $hit and no 1 can say PS3 will be $hit we will all have to wate untill a website like gamespot or something compares all of these 3 consoles at what they are good at like Advantages of the console and disadvantes say for example a disadvantage might be Xbox 360 is too heavy thats just a sayin even though i dont think it is anyway.... just wate and see which console is ideal for you everyone will have different opionions as consoles aint launched yet... mostly people who hate Nitendo Wii when it comes out and find a game that is sooo incerdible gfx they will feel guilty

Here's my 2 cents on the matter,

The Wii: that is the stupidest name IÂ’ve ever heard. I am going to continue calling it the revolution.
As for me getting one, If this new Zelda game sucks, I will destroy my gamecube and never purchase another Nintendo product again.
And Dr.Gootch, youÂ’re right. Nintendo is for little kids now. ThatÂ’s why Nintendo is up to Mario Party 47 and thatÂ’s why the Wind Waker looked like crap(Nintendo is trying to bring in a newer and younger audience.) I donÂ’t think there is anything wrong with that. (Other than they shouldnÂ’t have messed with the Zelda line[wind waker]) but they have completely forgot about all of the rest of us. For how big Nintendo is(was) you would think that they would continue keeping us (older fans) interested while bringing in new(younger) fans.

moral of the story, Nintendo has screwed up BIG TIME and I personally donÂ’t think that theyÂ’ll recover from this one.

The PS3: I tell you, SonyÂ’s next console had better not be named the PS4. PS3 at least rolls off the tongue nicely.
I have never owned or played any Play Station games/consoles so I canÂ’t comment on them any further.

The Xbox360: I think someone was confused at Microsoft when they named it. Xbox -> box -> mental image = “cube” 360 -> round -> mental image = “sphere”.
I have the regular Xbox and I love it. I have never had any problems with it, and at this point, I donÂ’t see any reason to get the 360.

Anywho, thereÂ’s my 2 cents ~_^

a disadvantage might be Xbox 360 is too heavy thats just a sayin even though i dont think it is anyway...

But it is 1kg or so lighter than the PS3 (|I know you said might, just clarifying - spelt wrong.)

The problem with the Wii, is "Mum(insert wife/GF/BFHusband's name instead) I want a Wee for christmas!"

Nice sum up of your view Seria (not sarcastic) but, you never played a playstation console... :eek:

I'm going Nintendo first because A. It's affordable. AND B. They are going th gameplay root, not graphics. For me, it's gameplay over graphics.

Im going ps3, square is my favorite publisher, it will have resident evil 5, and it will have backwards compatability. Plus in terms of specs it completely dominates the other two.

360 is nice but I dont like almost all the games for it, minus fable 2 which looks awesome.

Nintendo likes to dig their own grave it seems, screenshots from the wii look like crap compared to 360 and ps3, its got a lame controller. I dont care what you say, I DO NOT want to wave a remote around like a jackass for hours, that will get old real fast. Nintendo also has crappy online support, and almost no good games, the only games that I liked for GC were RE4 and super smash.

The only way I can se the wii even having a chance is if they make some more adult games, I hate the kiddie crap, and the people with the cash to blow on games are older.

I'm still wondering if I should get a 360 or PS3 or not get either and spend that money on my computer. At the moment I am leaning towards the 360 for a couple of reasons

1) GTA4, Halo 3, Gears of War, Fable 2, RE5, and other games
2) Price
3) Xbox LIVE

Mr_Threepwood said:
[B it will have resident evil 5, and it will have backwards compatability. Plus in terms of specs it completely dominates the other two.
B]

RE5 is also coming out for the 360 and as far as backwards compatability I have my PS2 so that doesn't help me too much, I even heard the PS3 is having issues with backwards compatibility. In terms of specs it will dominate the Wii but it's too early to know for sure if it will dominate the 360. Dominate is way too strong of a word when you compare the 360 or the PS3's specs, the PS3 is going to use a special Nvidia G71 GPU called the RSX and it's clocked @ 550mhz. The 360 is going to use a special version of the ATI R580 @ 500mhz with a unified shader architecture currently unique to the 360. Many expect the 360's GPU to be more powerful then the PS3 but lets not forget the cell CPU.

The cell CPU uses a core that has 8 SPEs with one not going to be used to increase cell chip yields, leaving 7 SPEs for the PS3 to handle games with. But with all these SPEs, this makes it very difficult to write software (games) for it. John Carmack said it was a "mistake" on sony to use such a complex CPU compared to the 360's traditional three physical cores which is much easier to write multiple threads for. Theoretically it is a powerhouse but so far nobody knows real world benchmarks, but just like the cell SLI is theoretically powerful yet it doesn't give the 90% expected increase when SLI was first launched. Many blamed that on software but even after 2 years with optimized drivers it still doesn't give that increase on normal resolutions.

Never try and take "paper specs" as serious real-world (remember were talking about running video games) performance. It's too early to say that the PS3 is going to "dominate" the PS3. So far the memory (512MB GDDR3 unified memory @ 1.4ghz versus the PS3's 256MB RAM and 256 VRAM) and GPU in the 360 are expected to be better than the PS3 and so far we're not sure just how quick the Cell will push game performance.

I'm sorry if that is too long but I can't help but to lay it out for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom