XBox 2 Xenon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the P3 is supposed to be at E3 while there have been no announcements from microsoft concerning the Xbox2 being there.

I don't know about that though. 3.5GHz per core, 3 cores in the die, each core can do 2 instructions per clock? Like DJ said, that seems ridiculous for a console especially when PC's have nothing close to that.

That thing is going to cost like $500+ and I can't even check my mail on it!

I hate the fact that they are using ATI, BLEH!! But whatever.

If any of that is remotely true that'd be an insane machine, but insane machine = insane price.

yea but if it comes out before ps3 then price of ps3 will closely resemble xbox2
so hopefully itll remain low like 300 or something

amazing how it has alot of hardware engineering close to a MAC powerpc, not just in processor but in all aspects. the GPU direct L2 cache and memory (at same time) access.

i wonder if mac will ever come out with a gaming system to go agaisnt xbox and ps2
be kinda pointless and wont sell too much but im pretty sure the mac lovers out there would buy it

I think this is some big BS because this outranks a highend desktop, just cant be. Plus Ive never heard any system do calculation that fast and efficiant. Let me just say to xbox people if this is true you will not want to buy it because it will be very buggy. If you rmember the first 5k of xbox;s would shutdown get fried go poof on a what 730mhz cpu what will happen on a 11.6 ghz cpu? u can roast an elephent lol. This si for ads and posotion. I know for a fact that they wll get as close as the ps2 or higher. And also if it is under than they may have a kickass grahpics sytem but you never know they might delay the the xbox 2 to 07' which will give the ps3 an added years advantage

i wonder if mac will ever come out with a gaming system to go agaisnt xbox and ps2
If mac made one, it'd look like a hippied out design, you can bet on that..they never do anything plain or simple. It'd have to be all clear with little led's and flower pedals on it or something, beyond that it'd cost 2-3x more than the other consoles since apple can't make anything cheap.

Nubius I think differently it will be a hippied out design thats all fruity with built in monitor and sound

Hahaha, you can say that again, they cant doing anything thats not expensive. Personally, just because its MAC, i dont think it would be something great. MAC, never does anything with gaming.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom