WTF - no more Guitar Hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
its oversateration and its how all great games have died. Sonic is a good example. And yet they still believe that it is a game worth making more of... With GH its good that the plug has been pulled. its rep doesnt need to be worst. I loved the games but there where too many of them and there was so much DLC. You cant keep up.

i agree with Kof, it had a nice run but its about time for Activision to move on...it got sooooooooooo unbelievably boring learning through the fire and flames

Doesn't surprise me at all. I've bought two guitar hero games, GH2 and GH3. GH3 seemed to be the point where the GH series went down hill (probably because the same people weren't making it) because the songs were much easier, and they added in those stupid boss battles. I mean, for some reason you're playing a gig in the center of the earth and this guy named "Lou" (who happens to look a lot like some sort of devil) challenges you to a guitar battle where you then proceed to face off by playing a song that is supposed to be played on a fiddle. And then you unlock Through The Fire and Flames and are supposed to play a song that is played by two lead guitarists on one guitar.

lol, you didn't follow the plot very well, did you? :p
Basically at the start of the game the Devil tricks you into signing a contract, and then once you get famous you try to go to a different producer, and then the Devil lets you challenge him to a guitar battle (Devil Went Down to Georgia, the metal version) so you can switch. It's in the centre of the earth because that's where **** is meant to be, if you take these things literally.

Anyways, I love the Boss Battles, not to actually play them as boss battles, but because they were released separately as free DLC so you could play them single-player.

I also have GH2 and GH3, they're my favourites of the series. It all went downhill after GH4 was released IMO.

Edit: oh, and Lou = Lucifer.
How will it show what to do if it's like a real guitar?
I'm not too sure tbh. I suppose it would have guitar tabs going across the screen?
Edit: Ah, it's been done already apparently. Here's a video http://cnettv.cnet.com/rock-band-3-fender-mustang-pro-guitar-versus/9742-1_53-50094707.html

Doesn't surprise me at all. I've bought two guitar hero games, GH2 and GH3. GH3 seemed to be the point where the GH series went down hill (probably because the same people weren't making it) because the songs were much easier, and they added in those stupid boss battles. I mean, for some reason you're playing a gig in the center of the earth and this guy named "Lou" (who happens to look a lot like some sort of devil) challenges you to a guitar battle where you then proceed to face off by playing a song that is supposed to be played on a fiddle. And then you unlock Through The Fire and Flames and are supposed to play a song that is played by two lead guitarists on one guitar.

GH2 I could beat 80% of the songs on expert. GH3 I could beat maybe 50%. GH3 was so much harder. GH4 I could beat 100%. It was a major disappointment after #3.

GH4 I never really played because it didn't support using the controller, forcing you to use the guitar (I can play the guitar, mostly hard-expert depending on the song, but prefer the controller). Also, most of the songs were pretty crappy.

For some reason the guitar hero games seem to make you play the songs faster than in real life on hard and expert...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom