Will AMD be in our future consoles ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be nice if they went AMD, considering AMD's are better gaming processors in the first place.

and no, i really don't want this to turn into a AMD vs Intel thread.

ulater6000 said:
I think consoles are moving more in a cell cpu direction.

what is a cell cpu?

What PS3 has, and I don't think so, too much work and not great at AI. They are really good at running set tasks like Super Pi, so Sony can flog them off to the server computers.

I was expecting the games consoles to be turning to AMD, but the average user will then see 2ghz cores and think it is sh*t.

NvidiaDude said:
who thinks AMD will be in our future consoles if so how good do you think it would be if it did have an AMD CPU... i think it would be good with an AMD Athlon FX in an Xbox 360 :p
Probably, since they are cheaper, better for gaming platforms, and AMD is easier to work with as a company.

If you're lucky, they'll also include a punctuation feature in future consoles, too. :mad:

Xbox360 uses ATI technology and after their fiasco with nVidia there is no chance that an nvidia card would be used. Also, I'd say the Xbox360 gpu is roughly equal in performance with the 7800gtx. The problem with putting just a plain old 7800gtx in the system is that it is made for computer applications too.
That's why when you check out the specifications on graphics cards in consoles it is rather surprising the quality of of visuals that you see from them. Look at ps2, one wouldn't think by looking at that card that it would be capable of something like MGS3.
So in that regard, it wouldn't be as efficient as a custom gpu build specifically for a console.

Also, putting an fx cpu in the xbox360 would definatley raise the price which is one of their main advantages right now over the PS3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom