Wii or Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://theend187.justgotowned.com/

Seriously, I hate all this more bang for you buck crap. Especially when Sony was trying to make the 360 look more expensive they made a comparison with the 360 core version and the "necessary things", like the core ($300), HDD ($100) (<--- Right there alone is what made this so stupid since the premium costs the same but with more stuff), a wireless controller (again wtf Sony? Premium takes care of this; $50), HD-DVD (once again, you don't need this; $200) wifi connector ($100? What does it cost?), headset ($15 or something like that), and Xbox live ($50, okay this does make some sense, but once again not required). So now they are trying to justify the price of the PS3, $815+ for core, vs $599 for the PS3??? Sony is pathetic, what is more realistic? Oh yea, $400/$450 (premium + 1 year subscription to Xbox Live gold). You can also get Call of Duty 2 for $19.95 I have seen around often (and not just from the holiday sales).

There is only 1 good game for the PS3, and that is Resistance: Fall of Man. I watched an episode of X-Play (a review show) and reviewed 5 launch titles, 2 of them got 2 out 5, one got a 1 out of 5 (that horrible gundam game), a 3 out of 5 (which was Madden 07, which they said was almost identical to the 360 version), and a 5 out 5 to Resistance. I'm not expecting their launch line up to be filled with hits, but two 2 out of 5 games and a 1 out of 5? That is pretty sad. Do you know what really is funny? Well I'm looking at the back of my 360 box at the 6 launch titles, and X-Play gave them:

Call of Duty 2 - 5 out of 5
Dead or Alive 4 - 4 out of 5
Kameo: Elements of Power - 4 out of 5
Madden 06 - 3 out of 5
Perfect Dark Zero - 3 out of 5
Project Gotham Racing 3 - 4 out of 5

Those are great scores and that was back in 2005, and those games didn't even get nearly the amount of developing time Resistance did (and COD2 was a cross platform game). They have a pretty bad launch line up, but of course the fanboys don't care at all.

EDIT: About that owned pic sequence thing, that baby in the microwave pic isn't nearly as funny anymore since a woman in Dayton (which is not to far north of Cincinnati) killed her baby what forensics believe to be a microwave due to the strange internal burns.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/LAW/11/29/baby.microwave.ap/index.html

TheEnd187 said:
wtd are you talking about dude!!!!!! ps3 rulz xbox and wii
1st of all sixaxis is the same as wii remote and looks less stupid
2nd ps3 uses blu-ray(25gb)vs xbox360 dvd(4.5gb) and wii mini dvd(2gb)
3rd wii is 480p xbox is 720p but ps3 runs in full 1080p
4th, ps3 is mor bang for your buck
1. ps3 comes with wi-fi,blu ray, 60gb swappable hd,sixaxis, way better graphics, better games, wirless out of the box
2. wii will let you pay $5 per rom, whereas we have been getting them free for years, and which has been done on ps3 already, mame also runs on ps3
3. xbox is $200 cheaper than 60gb ps3 but.... you pay 100 bucks for wi-fi, and 200 dollars more for the hd dvd player which doesn't even run in true hd(1080p) so you pay 100 dollars extra for a crappy system

wii games have been hacked to play on ps3 already, ps3 has better graphics and xbox 360 owner know it, halo 3 will be the best graphically advanced game for xbox 360 but it cn only be 9.5gb lol because xbox360 games still use dvd's double sided whereas the ps3 uses dl-bd 50gb and prototype 8 layer blu-rays are being tested so xbox 360 has almost hit its max graphics and devil may cry 4 will kill any hope for xbox's graphics

Wii mini dvd is like a normal PS2 kind of disc how is it smaller ? its capacity is still 4.6GB u nuuuub.. plus i dont go for Excellent top notch graphics i prefer design and technology :)

TheEnd187 said:
wtd are you talking about dude!!!!!! ps3 rulz xbox and wii
1st of all sixaxis is the same as wii remote and looks less stupid
2nd ps3 uses blu-ray(25gb)vs xbox360 dvd(4.5gb) and wii mini dvd(2gb)
3rd wii is 480p xbox is 720p but ps3 runs in full 1080p
4th, ps3 is mor bang for your buck
1. ps3 comes with wi-fi,blu ray, 60gb swappable hd,sixaxis, way better graphics, better games, wirless out of the box
2. wii will let you pay $5 per rom, whereas we have been getting them free for years, and which has been done on ps3 already, mame also runs on ps3
3. xbox is $200 cheaper than 60gb ps3 but.... you pay 100 bucks for wi-fi, and 200 dollars more for the hd dvd player which doesn't even run in true hd(1080p) so you pay 100 dollars extra for a crappy system

wii games have been hacked to play on ps3 already, ps3 has better graphics and xbox 360 owner know it, halo 3 will be the best graphically advanced game for xbox 360 but it cn only be 9.5gb lol because xbox360 games still use dvd's double sided whereas the ps3 uses dl-bd 50gb and prototype 8 layer blu-rays are being tested so xbox 360 has almost hit its max graphics and devil may cry 4 will kill any hope for xbox's graphics

K, time to dissect this garbage of a post. Lets start at the beginning of this misinformed crap, shall we?`

1.It has already been proven that the PS3 does not utilize all directions of space, is cumbersome to use (not my words, but those of other people and reviewers) and is NOT nearly as good as the Nintendo. This may change as the console ages, though.

2.Wrong, the 360 is about twice what you posted. Also, I'm guessing you have the idea that the 25 and upto 54GB for the PS3 bluray will make gaming amazing. Guess again, as I've posted before. It's not economically sound. I will go into this again. Game creation is already expensive. It takes time to create the physics engines, game engine, models, textures, etc. Now, imagine tripling to quadrupling this in size. Well, that will take alot more time and resources to do. Now you have to hire MANY more programmers. Well, the money doesn't appear out of nowhere so now what? Games HAVE to go up in price, face it... game companies are out there to make money. Period. I guess you could make game releases longer and hire less people, problem with that is there is a time frame when a game MUST be released or risk being obsolete. You wait long enough, well this game engine is last generation now and that wont do. Only option is either more developers/programmers OR better development tools, which don't exist yet and wont for a long time. Trust me, it takes a long time to create a new set of developing tools, and usually with that a new compiler. So, the only thing bluray would be good for is bonus material, making off or for movies. Period. So, lets get onto the next fictatious fan boy idea...

3.Wrong again. XBox360 runs in 1080p with the latest update. More than likely alot of this stuff being available is there to put a thorn in PS3's side. A quick unlock and bam! There it is, INCLUDING future HDMI support. ALSO, all testing shows so far that the 360 actually performs BETTER than the PS3 in 1080p AND 4xAA. Unlike some, I will back this up with reasons. The 360, in addition to the 256 of dedicated memory for GPU, has another 10MB of on die memory for extra instruction sets that handle things like AA and upscaling to native. So, the 360 is able to do this and not even TOUCH the GPU, thus it will run 1080p just as smooth as if was at lower res. The PS3 has already shown to be a bit unstable. Now, add to this that it does NOT support 720p, and you have some with older high def tv's that are now forced to play games at 480p. The reason? The PS3 will display at 1080i but will not recognize 720p, so what happens is it downs it to 480p. At first, sony said they would release a firmware update for this, but now they are stating that they are not sure if this is possible, and later commented that it is no longer being persued. Good job, sony.

3.This was pulled out of thin air for you, and all has already been debunked with my above comments. I don't know which high school friend gave you this info, but they are very mis informed. Try researching before posting this pathetic diatribe of inaccuracies.

I thought the question was Wii vs 360 not 360 vs PS3... :confused:

I was wondering th same thing, but I'm leaning towards the Wii :)

as far as comparisons between the 360 and wii, I'm kind of torn myself. The wii, all though not as advanced graphic wise as the 360, looks to be VERY FUN!!!! Im gonna get both eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom