Wii or Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

alextrzaska

In Runtime
Ok i am wondering of what everyone thinks is better, is the nintendo wii better or the xbox 360 i do prefer great graphics but i also love wii's style of gameplay.

I was also wondering when the next shippment date is for wii's, the current date is 11/28/06.
I need help choosing a wii or xbox360.
please list some reasons to support your decision

all depends on what games you like, I have a pc and most xbox360 games come out for that anyway so i don't bother buying one. It also seems to be sports and racing games mainly with only gears of war as a title id play.

The Wii is innovative and new I like nintendo's direction for gaming and I couldn't care about graphics. Why people moan about graphics and then go and play some downloaded snes games I don't know..

I have played all three of the current gen ssytems and honestly the Wii has provided me with more fun than any system has since I got my original NES. And this is coming from a gamer who has sworn by Sony for his primary gaming needs for many years now. Yeah teh grahpics are nothign in cmparison to the 360, but it is so **** fun to play I just do not care.

As fo the PS3... Sony has by and large disappointed me with a sub-par system.

wtd are you talking about dude!!!!!! ps3 rulz xbox and wii
1st of all sixaxis is the same as wii remote and looks less stupid
2nd ps3 uses blu-ray(25gb)vs xbox360 dvd(4.5gb) and wii mini dvd(2gb)
3rd wii is 480p xbox is 720p but ps3 runs in full 1080p
4th, ps3 is mor bang for your buck
1. ps3 comes with wi-fi,blu ray, 60gb swappable hd,sixaxis, way better graphics, better games, wirless out of the box
2. wii will let you pay $5 per rom, whereas we have been getting them free for years, and which has been done on ps3 already, mame also runs on ps3
3. xbox is $200 cheaper than 60gb ps3 but.... you pay 100 bucks for wi-fi, and 200 dollars more for the hd dvd player which doesn't even run in true hd(1080p) so you pay 100 dollars extra for a crappy system

wii games have been hacked to play on ps3 already, ps3 has better graphics and xbox 360 owner know it, halo 3 will be the best graphically advanced game for xbox 360 but it cn only be 9.5gb lol because xbox360 games still use dvd's double sided whereas the ps3 uses dl-bd 50gb and prototype 8 layer blu-rays are being tested so xbox 360 has almost hit its max graphics and devil may cry 4 will kill any hope for xbox's graphics

TheEnd187 said:
1. ps3 comes with wi-fi,blu ray, 60gb swappable hd,sixaxis, way better graphics, better games, wirless out of the box
2. wii will let you pay $5 per rom, whereas we have been getting them free for years, and which has been done on ps3 already, mame also runs on ps3
3. xbox is $200 cheaper than 60gb ps3 but.... you pay 100 bucks for wi-fi, and 200 dollars more for the hd dvd player which doesn't even run in true hd(1080p) so you pay 100 dollars extra for a crappy system

wii games have been hacked to play on ps3 already, ps3 has better graphics and xbox 360 owner know it, halo 3 will be the best graphically advanced game for xbox 360 but it cn only be 9.5gb lol because xbox360 games still use dvd's double sided whereas the ps3 uses dl-bd 50gb and prototype 8 layer blu-rays are being tested so xbox 360 has almost hit its max graphics and devil may cry 4 will kill any hope for xbox's graphics

...urgh...after reading that im going to have a cold shower to calm me down

The end, first of all the sixaxis controller is not the same as the wii. Secondly, having a bigger disc does not benefit games, in fact I have been reading material that developers might start just putting the procedures for generating models onto the disc which could even free up more space on the dvd (which has yet to be maxed out).
Thirdly, having a max resolution does not justify a console as being better (even though the xbox360 can output 1080p... hdmi is not required to go above 720P). Also, you should note the techincal problems behind the PS3 trying to output 1080i, and also the blu ray resolution bug.
Fourth, what if someone does not want all the unnecessary bang? Xbox360 offers everything the ps3 does with add ons and doesn't force the buyer to purcahse anything he or she doesn't want. What if someone doesn't need a big hard drive or wifi or memory stick ports or hdmi. Why should I be forced to spend an average of 200 dollars more just to get "more [unnecessary] bang".

PS3 does not come with better games - period. This is a matter of taste, obviosuly, however only an extremely biased person could actually stick up for the PS3 game selection right now especially when most also appear on other consoles. There is also the fact that Microsoft will most likely be buying capcom, and the ps3 does have very few good exclusives left - mgs4 port for 360 rumor anyone? Add the extremely high costs for developement (21 million reportedly for killzone PS3), and developers who concentrate on Sony's platform might be forced to expand their horizons by porting the games. Square Enix has already done so by saying they do not wish to be solely exclusive to one system anymore.

I believe the quote from Gears of War developer is "we have not scratched the surface of the xbox 360 yet", and that game happens to be the best looking game on the market, even better than screens of halo 3. Saying the Playstation 3 has better graphics is also wrong on a techincal basis. All you have to do is research the specs and performance based on those and you can see that the 360's gpu is actually more powerful for video games. What games have you seen on the PS3 yet that can't be done on the ps3? Metal Gear Solid 4's director Hideo Kojima specifically stated that it could be done on the xbox 360 and that is by far the most advanced game I have seen on the Playstation 3 (and it also happens that it has been in development longer than any title on the xbox360 out now).

All I am doing is just refuting your statements, I will leave it to others to bring up some xbox 360 arguments.

TheEnd187 said:
{

Less stupid - did you go to school, cause wow.
ROM capacity - does NOT affect if a game is better. Its a feature, one that I am sure developers will use, but it does not mean the ps3 is better
Graphics - what does it matter if its still fun. HEY, I enjoy reading books - they have crappy graphics.
Other features - the 360 and the Wii all come with that capability. You just dont have to pay as much out of the gate.
Wii games have been hacked to play on the PS3??? wrong, because of the difference in processor structure, and of course programming paradigms the entirety of the game would have to be rewritten, and I can assure you no development studio is going to let the source code go. If the "hacking" was legal, than it would be called a port, and essentially the game will be the same. If it was illegal, well...
Blu-ray - last time I checked, sony was the only major corporate sponser backing the Blu-ray format. hmmm....
The PS3 having better games - your opinion, not fact. I like Halo and Doom 3. I guess under your qualifications for a good system that makes the XBOX (not the 360) the best system, better than the PS3, 360 AND the Wii

Now, lets take a look at past performance, just the last 12 months or so
Sony - battaries that blow up in your lap, Blu-Ray vs HD-DVD battle, the PS3 being so much more than the other systems, PS3 shortage, etc
Microsoft - 360 shortage at the start, a full year before Sony and Nintendo and they really arent that far along.
Nintendo - except for the shortage of Wii consoles, Nintendo has done wonders, a lot better than MS or Sony has. Nintendo does have some revolutionary game play (Wiimote and nunchuck)

Your little tirade has just proven to me that california really needs to be bombed in to the Pacific and forgotton. I am really ashamed to know that you are dragging this great nation down.

That said, your opinions are your opinions. Please, voice them, but lets follow these rules
1.) As Samuel L Jackson has said - "English Motherf***er, do you speak it?"
2.)Please provide proof when making factual statements. You will persuade more people with the truth than you will with "PS3 pwnd the 360 and the wii"
3.)If you are voicing your opinion, please say so or otherwise let us know. That does go a long ways towards holding an intelligent debate. and debate helps us all further ourselves. Observe the following.

I love my XBOX. Loved the games that have come out for it, and that I could use it as a DVD player. It has served me well. Ive played some of my friends 360, and its fun. I dont really care for the marketing plan that Microsoft has set forth with the 360, but I digress. IMO the PS3 is way to expensive for what you get, and frankly I dont have that kind of money. For me, its a toss up between the 360 and the Wii. Im leaning more towards the wii because I want my gaming to be fun again. I like the idea of motion sensing...thats just cool to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom