Wii and PS3 to See Price-Cuts in Q3 – GameStop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hefemeister

Lord Techie,
Nintendo Wii and Sony PlayStation 3 to See Price-Cuts in Q3 – GameStop - X-bit labs

GameStop Corp, a leading video game retailer, said during a conference call with financial analysts that it would expect Nintendo and Sony Computer Entertainment Inc. to reduce the pricing of the Wii and the PlayStation 3 video game systems in the third quarter of 2009. The retailer believes that economic environment as well as shipments projections will force both companies to reconsider their prices.

Looks like it will be new game console time for me soon. :)

This totally makes sense. They need to drop them regardless of the economy. They have been out long enough that the price needs to drop. No way these companies are still paying the same price for parts they started buying years ago!

The Wii can probably easily be dropped in price given it has had no cut yet after 2.5 years. The PS3 is still taking a loss. Mostly because they originally took like a $200 loss per machine when it launched. That is why the price has not dropped too much yet.

How much of a loss are they taking now, and what do you think the price cuts will be? Maybe take the ps3 down to $350, and then the Wii to $225 or $200.

I haven't bought a next gen system yet, not sure I will. Don't know if its just better to wait for the next systems to roll around or not...

I haven't bought a next gen system yet, not sure I will. Don't know if its just better to wait for the next systems to roll around or not...

Well, it's going to be a good 3 or 4 years, maybe even 5 before that happens.

Hopefully Sony doesn't just bundle some more games with the PS3 as some predict. That would be a major gyp. Unless the game is Infamous. . . but still. A genuine price cut is needed.

I dled the demo for that game. It's kinda cool, but I don't think it is worth $60. I'll probably just rent it twice or something to get through it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom