Why does it seem like my games cannot run at good speeds?

Crazypete3

Baseband Member
I don't know why but when I bought this laptop I was under the impression it could play many of the 2011/2012 games on almost max settings. I know that my graphics came with two cards, so I might of not had them switched or something. How do I get this to run on good games? Or is it even possible?

Operating System
Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i7 @ 2.30GHz 56 °C
Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
RAM
8.00 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 798MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 04M3YM (CPU Socket - U3E1) 65 °C
Graphics
Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M
Hard Drives
932GB 2SZWAJC0556081 (RAID)
8.00GB FFS (SATA)

Try downloading Razer Game Booster:

Razer Game Booster - CNET Download.com

What it does is it shuts down non-critical background programs when you launch a game, allowing for your computer to run at maximum performance. Then, when you exit the game, it returns your computer to it's normal state.

The best part about it is that if you wish, you can pick and choose which programs to shut down or remain running.

On the Detailed specs of your computer .. i might say that the Graphics Card has the problem . Check this out :

The gaming performance of the GeForce GT 650M equipped with DDR3 graphics memory is somewhere in the former 2011 high-end category between the GeForce GTX 460M and GTX 560M. The performance is exceptionally good in shader-heavy DirectX 11 games and benchmarks. However, the 128-Bit memory interface can be a bottleneck if DDR3 graphics memory is employed. Despite the slower core clock of only 735 MHz, the GDDR5-version of the card should be similar fast. Demanding games of 2011 like Battlefield 3 will be playable in 1366x768 and medium or high settings. Less demanding games, such as Modern Warfare 3, are easily playable with maxed out settings and 1080p resolution.

Thank you for the Game Booster link, I remember I used to use this a lot on my other computer. I understand that a time for my graphics card like that would make sense, but I cannot even play games like Sims 3 or Sleeping Dogs on semi max settings without it showing a significant amount of lag. Someone mentioned to me that I was using the Intel Graphics and not Nvidia when playing my games, this makes sense because of the amount of lag and Speccy shows two graphics cards not one.

Generic PnP Monitor (1920x1080@60Hz)
Intel HD Graphics 4000
NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M

Also what is turbo boost, and how do I turn it on? I get 2.3 which is pretty low compared to a lot of games but it emphasized there is a turbo boost feature with my computer because I have an i7 chip, and that would also make sense a bit. What are the downsides to a turbo boost feature, and what is the point in making one instead of just putting higher ghz in a computer?

Back
Top Bottom