why do sequels AWAYS suck...oblivion

Status
Not open for further replies.

harry18

Daemon Poster
seriously tho, morrowind ruled, yet for some reason they took all the fun out of morrowind and with the crap left in there they made oblivion from it, they dulled it down so much, morrowind was limitless, you could do anything, now its just like any rpg.........

So your complaint is for Oblivion?; The main quest is shorter than I would like, your correct, the questline was dumbed down, there is a lot of content though, I still am a big fan of some of the classics though.

oblivion rocks, i love it, I was a huge fan of morrowind but the combat system and quests are much better in oblivion, its not just go here and get this type stuff, play through the dark brotherhood, much fun to be had there :p

yea the missions in oblivion are good, there alot more fun than morrowind, and the fights are good to they feel alot more lifelike, but, but it really has been dulled down, theres no pauldrons any more, less skills, and magics, the enchantings gone all crap, less wepons too, there used to be tons of weapons, loads of differnt types within al the differnt makes, but now its so basic.

oh yea, and whats the deal with all the daedric stuff and glass looking so lame, it looked loads better in morrowind, apart from the graphincs, it feels more like morrowind is the sequel to oblivion, not the otherway round

You say sequels "AWAYS" (I think you mean ALWAYS) suck, but yet you say Elder Scrolls 3: Morrowind ruled (third game in the series). I find that strange to my logic. But I do agree I wish some of the things were like they were in MW, especially enchanting. I also dislike how axes are included in the 'blunt weapons' skill; last I knew axes used a large blade to pierce.

But after a while (200+ hours) Morrowind started to get boring, the combat in MW was crap and ranged weapons sucked, clicking enemies to death started to get annoying. As for MW being limitless, once you hit lv 35 (for me) everything is as easy as beating a mute in a singing contest (even on 100 difficulty). Stealth in MW was horrible (so much for being the stealthy thief). Only close combat and magic really are useful in MW.

Oblivion fixed stealth, archery, combat (it actually feels like your fighting and not just clicking your mouse till they die) and using your hands in combat was actually useful. But I wish Oblivion still had some of the old things but I think there is more good changes then bad changes. Plus mods will usually "fix" whatever you dislike.

valid point, morrowind was a sequal....i was also thinking,....dues ex 2, vampire the masqurade bloodlines,....and i stand by the orignal battlefield was better, sims 2 is hardly anydiffernt form the origanl...exepct better graphics...its allll just one big con really.

I have to say I find oblivion a much much better game overall than morrowind, admittedly *some* things in morrowind may have worked better but the actual gameplay in oblivion is tonnes better.

Sequals don't always suck :rolleyes: there are dozens of examples of sequals being far superior to the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom