why cant you copy console games

Status
Not open for further replies.

robina_80

Banned
to be clear im no way inclining anything im just curious, why you need a mod chip or you need to tweak the hardware/software to play backup wii games because theoretically wii games are on dvd's so if you copy a wii game on a blank dvd it should work why is this not the case same goes to ps3/360 games

all console games needs mod chip for non original games dvds ... the reason they made that , cuz u buy a new dvd in case urs got broken .. i didnt really understand ur question but i think i said all i know about mod chips

il try and reword it better, you know all console games use dvd's as there media if thats the case, why cant you copy a game on a blank dvd or burn the image to a dvd because theoretically its the exacted same copy as the original so why cant it play it

lol obviously ther not gunna let u like copy their games,there are a few things stopping you

Just buy games on eBay and other sites if you don't want to pay retail, it's not that hard

also keep in mind you are using software to make a complete image of a DVD, and because of that certain areas within the DVD structure can be used for purposes beyond straight game data. For example, file tables, file structure and disc type format is some of them. Copy protection can also be injected in there, some companies (like old sony 2 systems) used a different die cast that needed specialized hardware to read. Now, like I said above about software making the image, when a game is made a master image is made, you may have seen this when someone says such and such game has gone "gold", this is the master copy, for lack of a better word. The games you LEGALLY purchase are stamped copies. Yep, literaly stamped, look it up on google, you can buy this hardware at a price.

There are many reasons a person can't simply "copy" a console game onto a fresh dvd-r and use it.

First, Console games (and any others usually) have special copy protections, usually in the form of embedded codes, that prevent proper copying. They can also include encryption, which means if the disc is copied, the encryption will read the data differently, and let the hardware know the disc is copied. These encryptions and copy protections are to prevent piracy, that is, the copying of the game. According to the license agreement... you can't at all for any reason.

Second, just because the MEDIA is DVD, it doesn't mean the DATA it contains is written in a language your PC will understand. It might still be "ones and zeros" but the disc content, order, placement, etc, can all be different. For example, a game disc could require a dvd to have a blank space in the middle, which burning software wouldn't "copy." Then the game loads, and looks to see if the expected "blank space" is there, and if not, the software also knows its been copied. There are 10,000 of tricks like this to prevent piracy.

So the mods to hardware and software are made to circumvent anti-piracy restrictions. In fact, "chipping" your Playstation is illegal, not because doing so is intrinsically bad/dangerous/whatever, but because TRADE agreements made it illegal for you to do so, which made it safe for importers to import.

And why the anti-piracy stuff? To protect the rights and money of the people who made the game.

Any other questions?

didn't you check my link? you cant make a 1:1 dvd copy unless as stated by Killians you have the master disc and required hardware, thats why most people just use the ps2 hd to load iso's from it, you may need to mod that ps2 or try and find a new/like new ps2 with the hdd or one that can hold the hdd then buy ffXI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom