who gets pissed when games get pushed back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

geo3tech

In Runtime
First when i got pissed was when half life-2 kept on getting pushed back and finally came out like 1 year later.

Now i'm waiting for grand turismo 4 (ps2)to come out, it was supposed to come out dec 2003, now it said dec 14 2004 like saying it was official. but now they pushed it back again to 03/2005 .. i'm getting really pissed with every gaming company that doesn't sell their game at the expected dates

why don't they just keep it a secret when it's going to come out until they really.. for sure, are done making the game and just sell it like a month later giving out features and trailers for a month.

I was also angry when HL2 was delayed by a year. But then again, it was an oppurtunity for Sierra to improve the graphics on it even more.

-Dan The Man

same here i hated it when they said they where making a SYSTEM SHOCK 3 and then they delayed it and then scraped it.

DAM WAS I MAD!

actually, alot of times its release dates coming from a "inside" source that is completely speculated. If you ever noted it will say "sources say it will be released blah blah blah", now HL 2 was not like this, but for different reasons. Also, many companies dont say exactly when it will, but give enough of a hint were mags and commercial media will try and determine the date and then do a headline like, say.. "Halo 3 slated for December 2005?", then people will tend to start thinking, hey these people know something and if its enough of a anticipated game, rumors begin to fly and now they have a release date that they never even confirmed/said. So, much of the time the release date is as much hype as the game itself, just by (incorrect) word of mouth.

I can live with the idea of the game getting pushed back. I think the only game that I was getting pissy with the number of push backs was the orginal UNREAL TORNAMENT.

But I get the $#!+ when the game gets scapted. Eg. Fall Out 3, System Shock 3, Anachonox 2, Big World : Citizen Zero SiN 2. Vaporware as I call them.

Personally, i would rather see a game get pushed back another month or few as appose to the game getting released at it being really buggy.
Eg. Fall Out Tactics. 1 week before the release of FO:T and there was a 97Mb Patch to download for some computer systems as there was a problem with the install files.

I mostly get the $#!+s when the Application Software Devs. push things back. This year, i think i lost at 4 large deals with support coontacts to competator's produces because of MYOB or QUICKEN pushing back a release date of there next version of their Point Of Sales software. :mad: :mad: :mad:

It sometimes upsets me but if they do it to fix problems or work on the game a little more I don't mind it. I'd rather have a finished game than a buggy one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom