Whats the point of owning all systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

akasixcon

This is sparta!
I came across a thread of someone stating that they own a PS3, Wii, Xbox 360 and a PC for gaming.

What is the point of owning all those systems? You can't play them all at once. You lose money as time passes by.

I still own systems from my NES to Atari to Intellivision. Up to my Wii. They are collectors items. I can still hook up my Atari if i want and play the game for real and not have to play a flash based version.

Some people are also collectors and not just gamers. I own most of the old systems to have them. Not cause i thought it was cool or anything. I collected them. I dont care about the cost of them now. I enjoy owning them.

Why do people constantly upgrade their PC every 6 months? When it will be obsolete a week later? Why do people buy software when open source is out there? Why do people go to a fast food join when they can buy a meal at the local super market for the same price and cook it in teh same amount of time?

People do things cause they want to. Not everyone needs a reason to own every system. Some just want to brag, others are collectors. Other just enjoy system specific games.

Why do people constantly upgrade their PC every 6 months? When it will be obsolete a week later? Why do people buy software when open source is out there? Why do people go to a fast food join when they can buy a meal at the local super market for the same price and cook it in teh same amount of time?

Maki, why stop there?

why do people climb mountains?
why do people go to the moon?

BECAUSE THEY CAN!

Yes i know. I wasnt really trying to go that far. I was just making a observation. I mean asking why someone does something is never going to get a real and serious answer. Cause we dont know. We can sit here and debate why all day. But it will never reach a point that it makes any real sense.

Why is the sky blue?
Why is water wet?
Why ask why?

With such things there is not going to be a real answer. Cause everyone has their own thoughts behind why they do something. It makes sense to them but to others they sit there and ask themself why would you do that. The most common answer you will get, because i can.

I also have PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP, Wii, Xbox 360. I also have a 4 years old PC. I rarely play new games on PC.

multi-tasking.gif

Obviously.

Not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom