whats a good horror game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
thebleakness said:
Quake4 <---dont know if it would really be considered horror :confused:
It's horror in the scene that the game is rather meaty. Have a walk around inthe strogg processing plant some time where you just have bodies getting treated like machine parts.

MrCoffe I dont know how you didnt find SS2 scarrier then all those other ones. Did you actually listen to all the gamelogs, and get involved in the story? Those other ones you listed I didnt really find very scary, doom and fear were just pop out and scare type things. Whereas SS2 had a more psychological approach, you learn more and more about the psychotic things that have happened on the ship. Also there was always a feeling of presense in SS2, as if you were always being watched.

They also put creepy parts in the best possible time, like when you are walking down a corridor you hear the chatter of the many, talking about something creepy.

Even using your inventory was scarry as **** since at any time a monster might find you and attack you while you are trying to repair your items or add stats.

I tried undying but couldnt get into it for some reason, probably because I hate reading anything longer then a page of info in a game. I dont like it when people put books in games, its dumb IMO. Also the monsters were obscenly stupid in that game, getting stuck all the time and being super easy to kill.

Part of what makes SS2 so scary is the fact that you are extremly limited on resources. The whole game I went through with a melee weapon pretty much since you are so limited on ammo, and guns break so easily.

Well to be honest i didn't get very far though it, I got really anoyed with my guns breaking all the time and running out of ammo. I think I just gave up and went to play Deus Ex invisible war.
I'll probably give it another go when i've waded thorough my newer games.

A real oldie but goodie is the Alone in the Dark series.....get the 1st through 3rd. I dont really like the PSX version

I think AvP has the scare edge on AvP2 coz those aliens just keep coming! and as the predator half the time you need to go toe to toe wristblades. The marine is just like "oh crap oh crap oh crap"

yes i played the Demo version not the full version but the Demo Version FREAKED me out alot as MrCoffee sed those aliens definetly do keep coming for ya... your radar does pick movement but then theres no movement at all couple steps later they are Flippin attackin you... i love the sound of the Pulse rifle that definetly sounds like the one from Aliens 2 movie,

ohh may i add i hope alien wins predator hehe :p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom