What's the best PC game to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I play multiplayer, so my ideal of games is based more on those I game with than the game itself.

As fas as single player fun, I enjoyed the Earthworm Jim games immensely.

It is of course relative to what style of game one likes (action,rpg,fps,mmo etc..) but I would say Call of duty 4 as multiplayer aspect mostly for intense action- singleplayer part was intense as well. Also Thief 3: Deadly shadows,and Medieval:Total war (or any of the Total War serie) for intelligent army strategy.

Just a tip, if you're not too concerned about graphics you might want to browse through some older games, say from the 2000-2003 era. Because so much focus has gone into making exteme graphics games lately, the gameplay side of things has kinda flopped.

Can you come with some titles? Im looking for pure funny games as the new ones are as you said mostly graphically boosted with no core.

CoD4 for single player. And my favorite multiplayer game is from 2002 with like 2000 graphics, its Command and Conquer Renegade.

Star Craft - in 2 weeks time, it celibrates it's 10th Birthday, and yet people still play it. You can still go to a Lan cafe and find people playing it.
And it's a national sport in South Korea.

Can you come with some titles? Im looking for pure funny games as the new ones are as you said mostly graphically boosted with no core.
Well, the game I just finished playing was Deus Ex, that's got a bit of a boring ending, but it's a **** awsum game. Worms World Party doesn't really have a storyline, its just fun.
But, for total pwnage (if you like fps) play Counter Strike: Condition Zero. In my opinion it beats everything.
And I'd also try Rome: Total War. It's like medieval: total war, but about 3.5 times better (this one does need at least a not-totally-**** rig tho)

i would say... Call of duty 4, Teamfortress 2, and honestly... Fronlies: Fuel of War, is pretty **** fun

Battlefield 2 :p Multiplayer owns, not a single player game, hwoever COD4 is snapping at it's heals popularity wise...

Well, the game I just finished playing was Deus Ex, that's got a bit of a boring ending, but it's a **** awsum game. Worms World Party doesn't really have a storyline, its just fun.
But, for total pwnage (if you like fps) play Counter Strike: Condition Zero. In my opinion it beats everything.
And I'd also try Rome: Total War. It's like medieval: total war, but about 3.5 times better (this one does need at least a not-totally-**** rig tho)

hehe for some reasons Worms World Party may renew my interest in gaming ill try that asap !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom