What's the best PC game to date?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No tribes fans?
Well quake is one of the greats at least... although I still think tribes was better.

I don't agree with anyone who says cod4 or crysis... They aren't bad though.

Tribes was awesome!! I used to play that game for hours. There were so many good mods for it too. Too bad the newest one (now several years old) pretty much failed.

It is old, you will probably need to run it via DOSBox to try it out.

Thx, i just got DOSBox. I'll figure it out later and try out this game. I've heard great things about it.

Pinscher, the makers of tribes made a new game under a different name.

It's over at Free Online Games | InstantAction under fallen empire: legions. It's like the same thing as tribes vengeance without vehicles. And instead of a grappling hook you get over drive. PM me for my name on there so you can friend me. It's fun :D Lots of PUG's.

And the newest tribes was pretty good. They just failed at making an online community. I liked it despite having to play it at 5 fps on my old computer.

Still? It's your first post in the thread. How can you "still" anything?

As for me I was a big AOE3 fan until it didn't work in Vista. Still waiting on support.......

CIV3 is a classic. I play it a lot. bad graphics but **** its immersive.

Why don't you include the rest of my quote? Quake is known as one of the great FPS of it's time, and even now it is very popular. I STILL think tribes was a better game despite the fact that way more people played quake then tribes.

But what does that have to do with this thread anyway? You just had to point it out I guess :rolleyes:

I didn't quote the rest because it wasn't relevant to what I was going to saw. And yup, I did have to point it out.

Quake was a good game, but I haven't played tribes so I can't comment on it.

I've heard nothing but good things about S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

You haven't been listening to me then :)

It's rubbish.

Half Life (1, 2, EP1, EP2), KOTOR (1), FEAR, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Titan Quest, Need for Speed Most Wanted are all games that stick out in my memory as being real good. Crysis has great graphics but I actually thought Far Cry was a better game.

But Far Cry wasn't all that good... Crysis must really suck :D

I mean lets face it, beneath the pretty exterior Far Cry was a rather traditional action shooter, complete with frustrating end of level bosses and cheesy thin plot, the game engine was the real success.

Then I consider GTA a console game more than anything else.

You can if you like but GTA was developed for the PC. True, from GTA III onwards it was largely a console affair but roots count ;)

Xcom is a superb game btw, easily a contender for best game of all time - whether it would win or not is another thing, but it's definitely a contender.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom