Whats the best Graphics card ever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heyyo,

For their time? indeed voodoo rocked. Man, I nearly passed out when I heard nvidia pulled out the big wallet n' bought out 3DFX m$ style... it was a sad day in videocard history.

I mean, the voodoo 6 128MB (YES! 128MB when nvidia was just pushing 64MB with the geforce 2 ti's!) definately is one of the greatest videocards ever. It was a horrible move by 3DFX to sell out before it could hit the shelves. I think you could've bought them from the factory after 3DFX shut down for like $80 USD they say. Now those cards are worth over $3000 USD! It's the ultimate computer geek artifiact.

Also, lol, you remember the 3DFX commercials there chris? lol.. "we could use our chips to save lives.. but then we thought, why not use them for games?" and then the guy getting surgery woud die, and so on... lol.

The worst move buy nvidia was they bought out 3DFX, and then closed them up instead of using their incredible engineers. I guess they knew they wouldn't want people to know that the ex-3DFX lab would've been their main lab for new vidcard creation I guess, lol, would be bad PR. Now? most of the employees of 3DFX now work for a vidcard company called 3DLabs. Like, wow those vidcards are beefed up crazy little things. Sadly, they're not for gaming, but high-end CAD 3D models n' such... maybe someday they'll expand into gaming vidcards again.. I'd definately convert to a 3DLabs fanboy. ;)

Which is better interface, PCI or AGP?

I am browsing around for a new video card. I have about $300 to wast...err...spend.

How can I tell if my mb is equipped with PCI or PCI-E bus??

I am at work right now, and can't spend much time online searching. ;)

i have a 6600gt and it is cool.
i live in aus and bought myn for AU$400 on ebay like a year ago...so i recommend ebay for ur upgrades.

Yah for under 300 i went with the 6600GT O.C and Replaced my Radeon 9700 Pro if i had a little more i would have gone with the 6800GT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom