What TV or Monitor do you use for your gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Best TV for consoule gaming?

All good points, and I'd be lying if I said I was really up on all of the new tv tech lately, with the LED, 3D, faster refresh rates etc., I am kind of out of the loop.
One other thing to consider though is that a tv is generally a somewhat long term investment. My 40" was great when I was in an apartment, but now I have a house with a larger living room and could easily use a 50"-55" tv. Had I thought about that when I bought my tv a couple of years ago I would have made a different decision. Might be worth being overwhelmed for a couple of days in order to future proof.

Still have not got one. I went the other night and they did not have the 37" but they did have the 42" and I think I decided that it is going to be to big for me. So will probably end up going with the 37" as soon as I talk myself back into it. :crazy:

I had forgot I made this and just came across it so figured I would tell you guys what I went with.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Samsung...HDTV/9783579.p?id=1218173772681&skuId=9783579

Very happy with it for my gaming. However, I started trying out a bunch of my blu-rays and found some disappointing things. When I was playing Planet Earth I saw some blocking happening when a fox was running around. This made me turn on the satellite and watch some football. The same thing happened when a player was doing a quick move or what not. the 120hz should have been able to handle this but I am still playing with all of the settings to see if I can fix it. I am still giving the TV a A-. Would be an A+ if it did not have that problem.

Oh and the TV has a "Game Mode" that I have turned on to see if it helps with this problem while just watching it. I have not been able to go back and check to see if it helps.

Gaming wise, I totally recommend this TV. I love it anyways. :)

Have you calibrated your TV?
I searched for the model number on Blu-Ray forums in the calibration thread and it didn't pop up, doesn't mean someone doesn't have the same model just different size posted in there. No one had my 52" LG, but there was a posting for the 47" model and daaaarn I though I had mine good until I used the settings posted lol.
SAMSUNG: Share Your Custom Display Settings - Blu-ray Forum

If you don't see anything there are many more home theatre forums with custom posting for calibrations. Of course, it's always fun to learn and DIY too.

Since you got a TV already I'll just post; I use my 23" 2048x1152 Samsung for PC gaming and my 24" 1920x1200 for my Xbox gaming. I'm a real quality ***** so with PC gaming I like close together pixels, high res, and lots of AA. Can't really make 360 look better so I use the biggest screen I have. Currently, I have 3 screens in tri-monitor with each ones input being used.

I am using an LG 22"" Flatron as my PC screen. It suits me fine. I tend to get lost when I play in bigger screens, must be my dyslexia ;)

Nice man, I ALMOST got one of the new LG LED tv's for my 360/ps3 gaming but decided against at the last min because they did not have the size I really wanted. Heard they are excellent though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom