what new graphic card should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ns175

Solid State Member
Please help me out guys, I'm new to this forum and I dont know much about computers. Right now my cpu specs are

P4 1.8Ghz
Asus P4PE Motherboard
512MB of Ram
GeForce4 Ti 4200 128mb AGP8x

I want a new graphic card to run upcoming games like Half-Life2 and Battlefield 2. What card do you guys recommend?

I dont know if my power supply can handle it, is there anyway to check it?

Thanks for letting me know more about my board Chris, I've been checking out some video cards lately. I'm thinking about adding up to 1GB ram and get a 9800xt or take your advice, upgrade up to 3.0ghz and get X800. Still havent decide yet, what do you think is the best way to max out my cpu?

I just upgraded my mobo to a Asus P4C800-E Deluxe and 1GB ram now. The only problem is I dont know which video card to get. I'm thinking 9600XT 256MB or 9800Pro 256MB. Which one is better?

Well the 9600XT has been rated best value for money card at the moment so if ur on a budget id go with that. And with the 256 MB it should run all the games that come out within the next year :D

I want to upgrade processor before I get a new video card. I'm thinking about 3.0Ghz or 3.2Ghz but not sure how to swap it. I know windows can crash when swapping mobos. But how about processors? Are there effects to changing it? Sorry if I'm asking too much stupid questions, I want to learn more about cpus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom