What is the FPS limiter for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen an option to directly limit the FPS in a game before in my whole life? There is the v-sync option which caps your frame rate at your monitor's refresh rate..which is the highest frame rate it can actually show.

I think that's what he means. It doesn't affect performance whatsoever. The only thing it can affect is the appearance of how smooth the game looks if it does seem choppy with v-sync off.

yup same here...

and saying it doesnt affect performance at all isnt true, it caps the fps at 60, which in fact can hinder performance..

It only seems smoother because the monitors you're all playing the games on have no problems. They only provide the option for monitors that have issues with a certain game or video driver etc.

And it does not affect performance at all. Limiting to 60 fps simply means you're lowering the maximum amount. Performance is measured by how fast your system takes to process something. Lowering a game to 60 fps does not make your system less capable or work any harder.

yup same here...

and saying it doesnt affect performance at all isnt true, it caps the fps at 60, which in fact can hinder performance..

I'm almost 100% sure the human eye can't tell the difference after like 50 fps :\ so I don't think they'll be any noticeable difference if you're game is getting 90 before v-sync but only 60 after it :\

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom