Weekend Gaming

Stamina management, all enemies hit hard (there aren't really any trash mobs - you can die to any mob if you're not paying attention), enemy attack patterns, weapon attributes, environment dangers
- though some of this can be attributed to sluggish-feeling movement or being unable to cancel an attack animation. I'd say controls/movement aren't the only thing that make DkS hard...but it can be part of it. The Surge is still difficult (tho I'd say probably not comparable to DkS), and it has pretty good controls - even the kb/m controls are good.

Stamina management, all enemies hit hard (there aren't really any trash mobs - you can die to any mob if you're not paying attention), enemy attack patterns, weapon attributes, environment dangers
- though some of this can be attributed to sluggish-feeling movement or being unable to cancel an attack animation. I'd say controls/movement aren't the only thing that make DkS hard...but it can be part of it. The Surge is still difficult (tho I'd say probably not comparable to DkS), and it has pretty good controls - even the kb/m controls are good.
Nier Automata is a good counter to this, but the controls aren't ****. Playing on a harder difficulty can result in being killed rather easily even if you don't need to worry about a stamina bar. The biggest difference being you can add program chips to help you with dodging and such, then again android vs medieval person. I have Dark Souls 2 and my immediate reaction on starting was this game is as clunky as trying to play KH1 on the PS2. It looks and feels like a game that came out in the early 2000s. I've watched a lot of Twitch rage videos and Robbaz and the game has a serious lack of proper player control and hitbox. I can think of a couple other games that have an unnecessary level of difficulty through clunky controls too, so it's not just this game although I find Dark Souls to particularly be trash.

I've only made it halfway through both the first and 2nd DkS games due to frustration. But I'm still enjoying The Surge, so I think it's a pretty good balance. Though hitboxes can be a bit off at times...or I continue to do a combo that I can't break the animation for and fall off the edge because I knocked the enemy I'm locked onto, off the edge.

I've only made it halfway through both the first and 2nd DkS games due to frustration. But I'm still enjoying The Surge, so I think it's a pretty good balance. Though hitboxes can be a bit off at times...or I continue to do a combo that I can't break the animation for and fall off the edge because I knocked the enemy I'm locked onto, off the edge.

This has promise. But I'm not spending 48 bucks on it.

I want challenge but not frustration.

The best thing about ds games is how it brings us together and all of us talk strategy.

This has promise. But I'm not spending 48 bucks on it.

I want challenge but not frustration.

The best thing about ds games is how it brings us together and all of us talk strategy.

Definitely - I was going to wait for a sale, but a friend picked it up for me after I said I enjoyed the demo and he knew I needed a game to play besides PUBG lol. I'd say for $25 it's good.

Back
Top Bottom