Weekend Gaming

No, nothing noticeable. I think it is seconds slower than the stock one, so it doesn't bother me at all. The trade off is definitely worth it.

As in just to boot up? I would also be worried about loading screens in games. I remember trying to play BF before I got an SSD...

Hopefully lots of Elder Scrolls with sprinkles of Rocket League, NBA 2K15 and maybe MLB The Show

Picked up Vector Thrust the other day and spent most of last night manually configuring the controls via the game's control config file. Played a instant-action missions against bots last night, and feels somewhat like Ace Combat. At least it's better than Assault Horizon...

As in just to boot up? I would also be worried about loading screens in games. I remember trying to play BF before I got an SSD...

Initial boot up doesn't really seem to be any slower. I saw a chart where they tested the Seagate vs the stock HDD with various games. Most of the differences were very minor. Personally I haven't seen any change at all.

Shadow of Mordor & Rocket League for me this weekend. I need to finish up The Walking Dead season 2 as well. I am not liking it as much as the first one. It is pretty boring TBH.

Initial boot up doesn't really seem to be any slower. I saw a chart where they tested the Seagate vs the stock HDD with various games. Most of the differences were very minor. Personally I haven't seen any change at all.

Shadow of Mordor & Rocket League for me this weekend. I need to finish up The Walking Dead season 2 as well. I am not liking it as much as the first one. It is pretty boring TBH.

Only time I could see it making a difference is digital-only games, since normal games you buy are still tied to disc as far as reading off of it for some things.

I'll have to lookup benchmarks to see if SSD's make a difference at all now in newer systems; I know they didn't really in PS3.

Only time I could see it making a difference is digital-only games, since normal games you buy are still tied to disc as far as reading off of it for some things.

I'll have to lookup benchmarks to see if SSD's make a difference at all now in newer systems; I know they didn't really in PS3.

Yeah, it really isn't something I even think about. Even if it is 10-15% slower having 2TB vs 500GB of space is more than worth that small performance change. It isn't going to make games with normal load times have long load or anything like that.

from what i read back when PS4 came out i dont think SSD made a big enough difference to warrant the higher price. I am sure they are cheaper now than they were 2 yrs ago though

from what i read back when PS4 came out i dont think SSD made a big enough difference to warrant the higher price. I am sure they are cheaper now than they were 2 yrs ago though

I'd still say no. Since you'd basically have to buy a 1TB drive so you don't run out of space, you're gonna be spending $340+. Definitely not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom