Weekend Gaming

Hey Slay, sorry I didn't get back on last night. I planned on playing some more so I just left my game on, then quit when I realized I wouldn't be spending more time on it.

No problem I had some things to do so I had to quit anyway
:Peeking:

I am gonna try and finish Darksiders 2 this weekend. I am about 80% through it. I good marathon session should do it.

Gonna farm Crawmerax with Snake tonight in Borderlands for the 360... all are invited.

NHL 13 is recently out and so I'll be playing the heck out of online club to work toward my online legend card for my left winger, and possible goalie a bit.

NHL 13 is recently out and so I'll be playing the heck out of online club to work toward my online legend card for my left winger, and possible goalie a bit.

I saw you playing that last night... it may be the closest thing to hockey we get this year.

The last decent hockey game I played was NHL 1992 on the Sega Genesis

I saw you playing that last night... it may be the closest thing to hockey we get this year.

The last decent hockey game I played was NHL 1992 on the Sega Genesis

It's a complete overhaul from recent games. They've taken 95% of the arcadiness out of the game and made it pure sim - most notably is the skating. You can't weave and turn, go full speed, stop on a dime, and dance around like your figure skating anymore. Now, it actually matters whether you are using the 9, 11, or 13 inch blades because momentum is everything.

If you are barreling up the ice full speed ahead, you won't be able to stop that easily, and you sure as heck won't be able to make a sharp turn. In fact, if you try you end up slamming yourself into the glass behind the net. The skating is very realistic and actual feels like you are skating.

They also balanced out skill attributes and player types so that playing as a sniper vs a two way forward shows an actual difference, whereas in years past id didn't really matter as long as you had your legend card with all the extra XP that comes with it. Plus, poke checking/chopping at the puck works as it should as if it were a real life game.

The only problem is that like every other year, (this goes for all online team play sports games) unless you go into a game with a team already assembled, it's more or less you and 11 other idiots on the ice, all chasing the puck with no sense of positioning or common sense, even the goalies at times. That, and the EA servers a joke; there's been connectivity issues so far randomly from time to time.

But if anyone has the game wants to join the Goon Squad I'll make you an honorary alternate captain :cool:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom